 Trains / 18114
Re: Container Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:02:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeff Van Winden writes:

Here are the pics, Let me know what you think.
Jeff VW

good thinking! That problem with too tight grip by the well of the car means
that even the hand cranked cranes in, for example 4549, don't always grip
snugly enough. I tried using 1x2 thinwalls but the tile with rod on top
solution seems better.

Render image until moderation is completed.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jvwinden/Trains/RollingStock/ContainerCar/a_complete.jpg

I can't tell because of the high angle, but are your couplers a plate or two
higher than standard? That may give you some interoperability problems if
the stock is mixed in with other stuff.
Nope, I just had a quick look, I think what you see is a 2 x 2 tile, which
does make it look odd.. Sorry for the high angle, I installed the l3p add on
lastnight, and did not get a chance to figure out the angles...

Thanks fr the feedback!
Jeff VW

Good point Larry! It is actually a plate higher, which may not cause that
much of a problem... I will have to have a quick look at this...