 Trains / 18105
18104  |  18106
Subject:
Container Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 02:14:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

For our next train show rtlToronto is planning an automated sea to rail
shipping yard, I have been looking at a few of the container car designs
around from James Mathis and Thomas Burger.. both designs are wonderful, but
after building the wagons that James had designed, I came across a problem
that rtlToronto would encounter with an automated system. The containers fit
within the wagons very snugly, making it hard to properly extract or place a
container within the wagon.

So, I ventured to build my own version, and ended up building a wagon
simular to James's version, but in a 7 wide version, that uses the 1 x 2
tile with handle to center the container properly (I hope).

I also created a 4 x 8 x 4 (standard size) container with a half stud offset
for the door. (This has probably been done before, so It may not be anything
new...)

Here are the pics, Let me know what you think.
Jeff VW

after moderation:

Render image until moderation is completed.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jvwinden/Trains/RollingStock/ContainerCar/a_complete.jpg