 Trains / 18120
Re: Off-topic.clones: I wish TLG would have made this part!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:40:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
I dunno--it seems to me that the homemade grooved bricks are clones in
their own right.   Hmm...

Hafner has already modelled them -- you should contact him about using them
in the clone elements DB.

I wonder--since these parts still have the official LEGO logo on the
studs, would they even have a place in a clones DB?  You've mentioned
previously a possible library of dats based on user-modified elements;
perhaps Tony's bricks would fit in that group?

I'm wondering why this leaked over into .trains...

I would say that if there are only 2 bins,  "official LEGO(r) parts", and
"everything else" these parts belong in the "everything else" bin.

But the better solution is a different bin (library) for user modified
parts. At least in my opinion. But then, I'm just a Compartmentalised Dork,
a good solution to many problems, in my view, is to subdivide. GRIN...

++Lar (Xposted to lugnet.cad but FUT set back to clone-brands)