 Trains / 18119
Re: VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:27:25 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby writes:
The VLC is proud to present some of the pictures taken this past weekend • at
the first showing of our new almost complete layout!

We'd love to hear comments on our display. Larger images available upon
request.

Very nice. There are a lot of images to go through though, to get a sense • of
what's all there, though. This may be one of the few times I was wishing • for
less to look at.

It was a large layout, with very diverse sight lines. 275 pics is a lot.
That's why I did the many pages of thumbnails.

I liked the chairlift: • http://www.akasa.ca/vlc/VLCChilliwackShow/vlccw085.html
http://www.akasa.ca/vlc/VLCChilliwackShow/vlccw089.html (and others)

... can you give more info on it? It appears that it actually operates?

This was one of three things that survived from last year.
Mpegs of it in operation can be found here.
It's actually a gondola.

As for this one: http://www.akasa.ca/vlc/VLCChilliwackShow/vlccw094.html
I've never seen a wrecked bridge before... was that track deliberately
distorted or did you have an accident (someone stepped on a piece of my
track and I have one bent up piece, but not that bad) and decide to use • it?
(something is about to happen to those canoeists as well!)

It was a failed accedent of a member trying to make some items for his
rollercoaster.
I think it was put to good use in the end.

I think you hit your goal of "something different" all right.  Very nice.

Thanks.

Dean