 Trains / 18122
Re: Off-topic.clones: I wish TLG would have made this part!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:52:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Hafner has already modelled them -- you should contact him about using them
in the clone elements DB.

I wonder--since these parts still have the official LEGO logo on the
studs, would they even have a place in a clones DB?  You've mentioned
previously a possible library of dats based on user-modified elements;
perhaps Tony's bricks would fit in that group?

I'm wondering why this leaked over into .trains...

  Well obviously it's because I deleted the part that was relevant to trains
before posting it.  If you had bothered to read the part I didn't post, it
would all be clear to you.
  My train-related question, since Tony's engrooved bricks first appeared in
.trains, was this:  how do purists feel about user-modified bricks like
these?  I mean, I think they're pretty cool, but I'm hardly a rabid purist.

I would say that if there are only 2 bins,  "official LEGO(r) parts", and
"everything else" these parts belong in the "everything else" bin.

  And here you nicely answered my un-asked question.  Hmm... Maybe you *did*
read the bit that I didn't post.

But the better solution is a different bin (library) for user modified
parts.

  I harbor a suspicion that you're a closet clone-fan.  There.  I said it.

     Dave!

X-posted to Trains for some sense of closure,
but FUT only to OT.Clones