 Trains / 18097
18096  |  18098
Subject:
Virtual Amtrak
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:39:30 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The Trains magazine issue October 2002 has a nice interview with "America's
Only Train Designer", Cesar Vergara.

Inspired by this article and the design sketches and computer illustrations
of the Amtrak Genesis and the proposed Amtrak Talgo Lakeliner, I've made a
go of each.

Amtrak Genesis and some Superliner cars:

Proposed Amtrak Talgo Lakeliner:
Version two of the Lakeliner is an attempt to color as shown in this image
to a link to the Talgo America web site:
http://www.illinoisrail.org/RailLinks.htm

I don't have a good mono-axle coupling solution proposed for this Talgo set.
I want to keep it simple with no springs or rubber bands for close-coupling,
but I think the current distance between mono-axles is too great to work.
The fixed wheels to the cars would like derail.
I did read at the Talgo America web site that European versions of the
locomotive may have a shared mono-axle at the rear, but USA versions select
a dual-axle rear set-- allows decoupling of the locomotive from the cars.

Thanks for taking a look.

later,
James Mathis