 Trains / 18116
Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:49:21 GMT

Thomas Michon wrote:
Good web design takes smaller resolution screens into account, and uses that
thinking to help the user work efficiently. Remember, not everyone has the
resolution you do on your development box.

1280x1024? I almost can't stand 1024x768 these days...

A lot of people use laptops, where 1024x768 is most common, and that
still required scrolling. Most of the time, I didn't bother since I
could see enough of the image.

Older folks also usually run at lower resolutions so they can read text
(you will probably find a bunch of older folks running 640x480 on a 20"
monitor :-).

Larry is right though, the most effective web sites cater to lower
resolutions, while also allowing for larger resolutions (so a long
document for example usually can be put on just one page (and not even
necessarily forcing width).

Frank