 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 110
Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:35:18 GMT

How tall is the layout on the back side? Did you have any steps or anything
so that visitors (mainly short ones) could see the detail on the top?

The back side is approximately 5' high. We discussed steps and cutting the
legs down but we concluded both would be a lot of work and decided to let
the parents put their kids on their shoulders for now. It's definiently an
issue we will be revisiting because the Michons have a lot of real nice
stuff up there.

It looks like that would be a real nightmare to transport and set up. Any
tricks for keeping it together when traveling.

Well, transport isn't terribly difficult if one has a fully covered crate or
van type vehicle. Most of the tables are between 10 to 40 bricks high with
only a couple going as tall as 70 bricks. We use tables that are sized
exactly to baseplate dimensions so we use brackets
(http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3956) to keep stuff from
sliding around too much.