 Trains / *2482 (-100)
  4558 and 4547 Question

What makes these two sets so expensive to buy? Is it beacues they are rare? to they are good to buy? -- Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine Web site: (URL) models and going up (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Greater Florida LEGO Train Club

Congratulations, guys! Good Luck:-) Some comments: 1. I like your logo! One suggestion would be to include the registered trademark symbol on the word LEGO. 2. Spring for the GFLTC.org domain;-) c. Take lots of pix! -John (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  New Greater Florida LEGO Train Club

Hi all, The new Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) met for the first time last Tuesday in St. Petersburg Florida. Nick, Dennis, Mark and I picked the name, logo and table design that we will use. We also decided that we will do the first club (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Article in TTOS 'The Buletin'

Hi All, Just recieved three complimentary copies of the November 1999 issue of 'The Bulletin', The Toy Train Operating Society's (TTOS) national magazine. There is a 1 1/2 page article about Lego trains with specific mentions to PNLTC and several (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee shipping

Get a large enough order, and it lowers it, but not much. I ordered L190 worth of stuff, and shipping was approx L60 (which is why I'll be Ebaying some of the stuff, to pay off some of the sets and the horrendous shipping (which certainly isn't BBs (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee shipping

Mark Benz wrote in message <000e01bf1b16$747024...on.com>... (...) The 50% shipping on this sounds about right. The hoppers were £7.65 each w/o VAT or $12.65. With shipping the total came to about $19.00 each on my order of six. I agree, a great (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Busy-Bee shipping

Hi, I ordered 4 blue hoppers from BusyBee, the total charged to my card was about 45 pounds, including about 14 L for shipping. Must have been less than 2 Kg. I still think that a hopper for $18, net in my hand is a bargain. Mark -----Original (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) This is a bit frustrating. Here's some information you might be able to use as ammunition in getting cheaper shipping: When I was in the UK this summer I bought a fair number of sets and mailed them back to myself in Canada. I found that there (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Mike Stanley is correct about the shipping, it tends to be expensive. I have placed two orders with BB. In both cases the shipping back to the US was about 50% of the total cost of the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Mike Stanley (<slrn80rf16.5fj.cjc...s.utk.edu> ) wrote at 12:42:52 (...) The current availability of older discontinued sets in limited quantities is due to the reorganisation of TLG in Europe, I believe. Some warehouses are (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) Maybe bulk-order of older stuff, not bulk-order of parts. And the shipping alone makes it somewhat prohibitive to order things from BB unless you're really desperate for something, imo. Too bad we don't have a US equivalent of BB. (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

My apologies, but what I meant was: Is he requesting special orders from Lego? Is Lego re-running old or discontinued sets for him? I was under the impression that the Maersk truck has been discontinued for some time. If the answer to either of the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

How much clearance does a monorail need? I don't have one yet but I'll be getting one soon. (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: metro 2000/ superliner set

(...) i made the engine, thats it. since im in the marines, i dont have my collection here in california (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: metro 2000/ superliner set

(...) Have you built any of the models shown in your cad drawings? The best (potential) model of the superliner I have seen. Looks like a lot of Metroliner parts, though. (to think how close I came to buying a Metroliner set when I was buying my (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  metro 2000/ superliner set

hi all ive compiled together some models from the amtrak superliner models. these photos on my page ( (URL) ) are all LDRAW cad models. take a look at the page(s) TMWYT (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) Yes, since he's a LEGO retailer :-) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  RE: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

Hi, If anyone in the US (Tom?) has an extra one or 2 please let me know. Was off-line last week at trade shows. Figures... Thanks, Mark -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Ian Sinclair (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) I just talked to Busy Bee today. All there 6347's are spoken for now. They hope to get more in a few weeks. Long list of names. I was told one or two to a customer to be fair. <ICS> (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Planning

(...) Well, you can allways do the non lego thing and cut some track so that the geometry is better. I have 4(?) pieces that I had to cut for the current layout, plus 2 points (cut and remade into full curves...why they didn't make them like Matt (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Planning

Thanks James. After reading Matt's geometry page I found one solution. It's not as pretty as I'd like, but it does the job without any cheating. As it is a return loop, it is useful for a point to point layout. It can also hold a train in the loop (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Planning

(...) Yes. I don't know how large exactly (or how small...). I used to have a setup like this in my bedroom. Remember what it says on Matts page, that the lego track doesn't have to exactly line up for it to work. The larger the loop, the bigger the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Planning

Hello. Perhaps someone here can help me. I hope to start building a model railroad out of LEGO (of course). I don't own any turnouts yet, so I've been playing around with Matt's excellent Track Designer v2.0 I have not been able to find a solution (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) Modify your train station so that it has a platform at the level of the elevated track. This is a common site at innercity train stations. - Jim --- (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) I only have a ledge because a rock is under it so that scratches that idea. If I didn't that might work but I don't have the tools to do that either:( Got dynamite? that might take the rock out:)and maybe I might have a 50% greater chance of (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  RE: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) Hmmm, I remember a thread a while back (maybe even on RTL) that discussed putting the tracks on a ledge and only having big turnarounds at the ends. This way, you could let your railway go "under" the city and still have a cutaway view of the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) I also have a freight station(4555) so that might make it a little bit harder since I want the train to run thru there. Now, if only I had a picture to show you. Maybe if I can find a camera, scan it, email it to anybody who wants to see it. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) You might want to start with the track at a fixed hight (10-12 bricks high) above the streets, and running a loop. I have to say that the monorail is probably easier to do this with than the train...The train is a bit clunky to raise up high (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) This was and is a problem in real cities. The solution is to either elavate the railway (or monorail) or go underground. Since I like to see my trains I would go with the elevated option. See  Matt's LEGO® Train Depot at (URL) for principles (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "cat whisker" trip switch

(...) To follow up on my laser comment (above). Josh Yeager in post #7294 (Robotics) offers his own laser module for Mindstorms. He is asking $35. - Jim --- (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

My city got smaller when I moved it up to the ledge and soon I'm going to have a train and a monorail running through it. My city is 40in X 190in. I would like to know how to get both of these running in such a cramped space. I don't have very many (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "cat whisker" trip switch

(...) ower Steve, Steve, I poked around on the Web a little regarding model railroad sensors. Infrared sensors are generally placed between the rails facing up. They emit a constant infrared beam which is reflected back to the sensor when a train (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) me too. Paul Sinasohn, who also got other stuff (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) The motor would be sufficient to build small self propelled vehicles (if you mounted a battery box somewhere) but for regular monorails you also need the 4 wide platforms (with a bogie/truck at the far end) that attach to the motor. (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "cat whisker" trip switch

Robin, Sounds very simular to how I riged it. I had to run the speed at "2" Since the trolley is very small and pulls nothing. In fact I can "wheelee" it pretty easy. How do you determine when to decrease the voltage, is it merely timed? Otherwise (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) One thing you could get, I don't know what else you might need, but Mario Ferrari posted me a list of old service packs available from LEGO in Italy. One of them is 5040 Monorail 9v Motor for Space Track. (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) However, given that I am not concerned about actually possessing one of the boxed sets, just want to build a monorail, could I use this accessory set to start building a monorail of my own invention? Say buy a couple of track sets, use a 9volt (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

Check out the picture on Huw Millington's promotional site: (URL) up 1831, of course). The truck's a beauty, well worth buying. I got a copy from NZ so I probably won't order any from Busy Bee, but recommend it highly! Alan (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) What do these Maersk Trucks (1831) look like? I can't find a picture or reference to this item anywhere on the web? Warren (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

Carbon 60 wrote in message ... (...) I hate to sound like a complete novice, but where is he getting these kind of numbers of sets? I can only assume that he has managed to get them directly from Lego? -Andy Lynch (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "cat whisker" trip switch

Steve, I have also used Mindstorms to run a train, like this. But I used it in a railroad yard, not for a trolley. But it’s basically the same concept. I put the touch sensor at a 90 degree angel with the track and about one brick away from track at (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NOVALTC meeting tonight

(...) ...The meeting went great, tho there were only three of us there! The meeting room is perfect. A huge floor to spread out on and a nice central location for anyone who works in or near DC! We laid out some track to match roughly our table (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  Re: "cat whisker" trip switch

(...) Before I add my 2 cents worth, I have zero experience with Mindstorms light sensors. That said, have you tried shading the sensor, especially from overhead light. Are Mindstorms light sensors similiar to those used in other forms of model (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak F 7 version 3

(...) Not at all boring, looks great! I especially like the grab bars and Amtrack stripe treatment. I am sure most of us wish we had more of anything Metroliner. - Jim --- (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak F 7 version 3

(...) I use two individual light bulbs. The kind that come in the train light service pack with black "t-shaped" brick. These light bulb 1x2 bricks with the light bulb facing forward fit nicely into the side-hole of a technic beam. A 1x1x1 clear (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak F 7 version 3

(...) What's you secret on getting the duel headlights to light up? Are you using fiber optics or two individual light bulbs? John Warren (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Amtrak F 7 version 3

Yah, it's boring version 3 for this model. Changes include: 1) working dual headlights 2) return of the smaller windshield 3) 1/4-curve-top black bricks along top edge of hood 4) control stick antenna to *try* to split the windsheild in half. (looks (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  "cat whisker" trip switch

Hi All, I was playing around with Mindstorms tonight and was working on the automated trolley line. I have been looking for alternatives to the light sensors (the ambient light can kill ya). I was thinking about touch sensors but just plopping a (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Amtrack Acela and 4561?

Has anyone thought of modeling Amatrack's new Acela train (northeast corridor DC - Boston)? A possible use for the new 4561? Good pics of the real thing at trainweb.com/railpix (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

Thanks, I just called them and put myself on the waiting list. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

<smack!> (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

Alan Demlow wrote in message ... (...) About £10 w/o VAT. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

Anybody have a price on the 1831's? (...) (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

Troy Cefaratti wrote in message ... (...) Take a look here instead: (URL) set is a must have if you have a monorail. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) He's ordered 300 Maersk Trucks and 75% are already taken! I think he's increasing it to 400! I'll let you know when they get them in. Carbon 60 (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

How greedy! Save some for the rest of us. -Nick (Tongue in cheek of course). Tom Stangl wrote in message <3807A33B.7911B8E9@n...pe.com>... (...) mentioned (...) whopping) (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help me plan for Mindfest.

(...) Well, I WILL admit I had a mockup of a green line car partially completed but I just could not get a center pivot that looked good from the outside, worked, and would at least allow a minifig (turned sideways so he was only 1 stud wide) to (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

I've called a few times in the last 4-6 weeks, and they haven't even mentioned getting the 1831s in - they've always said they are still on order. Please DO let us know when the 1831 are in stock, I want to order (a whopping) 3 of them. (...) | (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) Troy (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help me plan for Mindfest.

(...) You're right. It's the Longfellow bridge. I may have the haymarket part wrong but there is a big bridge across teh charles that feeds into memorial drive and main street. It also carries the red line T across. (...) I didn't say it did. It has (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help me plan for Mindfest.

(...) I'm not sure what street the bridge is, but it isn't Memorial Ave. The T of course doesn't go through the Sumner tunnel. And give Larry a point for accuracy... The tunnel from downtown to Logan is the Callahan Tunnel (well of course there's (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

They're trying to get more Maersks... I have requested a bunch of this track and a bunch of Maersks. But I told Paul to take care of everyone else first. So get those orders in. (...) Larry Pieniazek larryp@novera.com (URL) - - Web Application (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

Alan Demlow wrote in message ... (...) (Maersk (...) I asked if they had received anything else and the monorail track was the only thing new. In addition to Blue Hoppers, they appear to be out of Retrostations (2150) and Maersk Cargo Trucks (1831) (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

Do they have any of the other new stuff in that has been mentioned? (Maersk trucks, 12V stuff, ...?) Alan (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

I just got off the phone with Busy Bee, they have received some Monorail Accessory Track sets. (URL) £20.00 - £17 (about $28) w/o VAT. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: I liked this...

But I was not so sure about these: (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  I liked this...

(URL) on up and down.... but turn your sound way up first Scott A (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) sorry, another cut off message? ... Most of my locos have 2 drive motors each anticipating the need for pulling power. - Jim -- (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) Sorry about the cut off message. To anyone planning an extensive layout the track designer program at Matt's Lego® Train Depot is a must. (...) an (...) the (...) you (...) get (...) mountain (...) As you point out a circle helix will not (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  NOVALTC meeting tonight

Sorry this is such short notice. The Northern Virgina Lego Train Club is meeting tonight in Roslynn, VA from ~6 - ?. There are plans to set up a layout and have lotsa fun. Of course, how can you not when one is in the presence of LEGO? We invite (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) an (...) the (...) you (...) get (...) mountain (...) So is this going to be separate from your GMLTC modules? Maybe a big free standing bridge between the two. I need more space. Although the stub wall dividing my lego room and the rest of (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) ??? a...muse? a mustake?;-) Don't know what happened but your layout sounds swweet, Jim. Would love, and I'm sure others concur, to see pix:-) I have just started laying out my permanent layout, with track in place. It is an "L" that is 45" (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) Paul, I started in Lego® trains 2 years ago when I saw 4559 in the S@H catalog and thought it would be fun under the Christmas tree. I liked how the train ran, even on the carpet, and the kids loved it too. Last year I bought a few more sets (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Version 2 of Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt

Thanks for the comments, Steve and Larry. I appreciate all of them. Aside: I have worked on this American loco just as I get ready to go to Europe and go Eurailing in The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, and France. This Amtrak loco may just be my (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

Paul, I took down and redesigned my layout this past Spring when I was able to get new tables (using the PNLTC modular design - thanks Ben!). Pictures of the old layout, which sat on a ping-pong table, are at: (URL) new layout is made up of 4 (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

I do and it's a lot easier to set up. Before, the living room was carpeting but it was getting old and my dad and I decided to take it out and put in a wood laminate fooring (Pergo). I don't have a layout all the time but I can set up one any time (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

I've got a layout set up in my bedroom. My roomate and I rescued a ping-pong table from being thrown away (basically we were asked to throw it away, so we said ok and kept it.) We split it so we both have a 4.5 X 5 foot table in our rooms for LEGO. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Version 2 of Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt

(...) I'd have to say that I liked the front window a lot better in version 1. The slope of the version 1 window definately gave it more of the 'sad puppy dog eyes' look. Other than that I thought the changes were improvements. Steve Martin (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

I have a permanent setup in my lounge room, on the 3 doors in a "U" shape on folding legs. It's rather overcrowded, I need a fourth door I think. Mark H. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

that one was fairly huge, but (...) You mean I have a bigger layout than Larry? Man of 96 blue hoppers? :) I'm really quite suprised. As far as it goes, right now, the layout is as big as it is going to get until we move back out west. Hopefully, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) All my home layouts have been small and ephemeral. But whenever I get an apartment on a project, I set up the biggest layout I can.... you can see pics of the Denver one in the container section of my site, and of the Detroit one in the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Version 2 of Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt

This model is starting to come together nicely. From the side it looks great, but from the front you notice the height.. you prolly need to find a place to scavenge a row of bricks or even 2. That's gonna be tough and still keep the Amtrak headless (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) Hi Paul ... welcome to the world of LEGO trains. My sons (11 & 12 y.o.) and I have a lot of trains ... ten locomotives and about 45 freight cars and 11 passenger cars ... plus stations, loaders, etc. They get set up in either the living room (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) Paul, I have this -little- train layout set up in a spare bedroom. It -only- has 500 pieces of straight track in it. :) And my wife wants to kill me :) No, seriously, I have a room with a lego setup in it. Including town, and shelfs across the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

Paul, While I don't have a permanent layout, I've got a mobile one that goes on the floor at any time. You're probably referring to people that have permanent layouts and tracks in position, so I guess I'm not one of them, but I can access my train (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) I've got a large board (about 4 foot x 7 foot) for all my Lego models - and most of the time it has a train layout on it. The layout's not nailed down or anything though - I change it every couple of weeks and will remove at some point in (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Home layouts

I'm curious, how many people actually have train tracks set up and available at home to run trains on? Some folks, it is obvious from the web pages (like Joe D) that they can run trains anytime but I was just wondering about others? Having just set (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Version 2 of Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt

Worked some more on the Amtrak loco. I tried to incorporate mods based on all of the feedback I've received. Some things I'm just not good enough to accomplish. A fun model to work on. (URL) though train creations/locomotives Thanks for the comments (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train doors and windows

I collected names and pledges. I have not sent out a note in a few weeks because there appears to be nothing to say! I have not heard of any new news on this in a while. I estimate there is a 1% chance something will come of this at this point. So I (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train doors and windows

Hi everyone, I have been attempting to follow the discussion regarding the purchase of train doors and windows from Lego, and I notice the discussion has somewhat died off. I was wondering what the status of the deal was at this point. I realize I (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Trading 7745 vs. 7725

Hi ! Anyone interested in trading 7745 (I have) against 7725 (I like to have) ? Please contact me at: Adrian.Rohnfelder@milupa.de Thanks and Cheers Adrian (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New: Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt

(...) P is for passenger. an FP has an elongated carbody to have a head end power unit and a hot water boiler for heating and AC. Some railroads did not want to buy E units and asked EMD to add that stuff to Fs (most Fs were geared for freight (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New: Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt

Actually, now that I think about it, my train was prolly an F9 (2 3 truck combo). Is there a good faq for how to describe this stuff? I love the way it all looks, but words fail me.... (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New: Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt

(...) I'll make a trade with you. I will type/scan some info in for you if you will make sure there is enough info for me to reproduce the model at home. I love this engine. I had one as a kid in O scale. Are you going to do a "B" as well? Do you (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q : 7727 Electric Freight Train

Most of the 77?? series sets came with multiple sticker sets, the "DB" german livery just happen to be the one that appeared more often in lego catalogs. I have a sticker sheet for a 7725 that has stickers for 8 different countries. Mark H. (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Q : 7727 Electric Freight Train

I bought one of the above over the weekend. I was surprised to see that the set I have came with two sets of stickers. Is this normal for this set, or have I been lucky? Does anyone need scans of the sticker sheet? (This would be difficult as the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) I agree, they've investigating it - but it's expensive. (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New: Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt

(...) Thanks for the reply and suggestions, Larry. (snipped nits/feedback comments) Tough to model some aspects, but LEGO brick applications can be surprising if one only keeps trying. We'll see if I can find them. More search on my part to see what (...) (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New: Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt

Hey! Nice try. I think at first glance it really captures the spirit of a covered wagon. A few nits/feedback items: Working from the Marklin model may not be the best way to go. The F is a heavily photographed engine and there are thousands of (...) (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact