 Trains / 2372
Re: "cat whisker" trip switch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 22:50:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Hi All,
   I was playing around with Mindstorms tonight and was working on the
automated trolley line. I have been looking for alternatives to the light
sensors (the ambient light can kill ya).

Before I add my 2 cents worth, I have zero experience with Mindstorms light
sensors.  That said, have you tried shading the sensor, especially from
overhead light.  Are Mindstorms light sensors similiar to those used in other
forms of model railroading?  It seems to me the light sensor would be a lot
easier to work with.  Don't know if this helps but, good luck.

- Jim

---