 Trains / 2331
Re: Home layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 01:03:14 GMT

Paul Foster wrote:

I'm curious, how many people actually have train tracks set up
and available at home to run trains on?  Some folks, it is obvious
from the web pages (like Joe D) that they can run trains anytime
but I was just wondering about others?

Hi Paul ... welcome to the world of LEGO trains.  My sons (11 & 12
y.o.) and I have a lot of trains ... ten locomotives and about 45
freight cars and 11 passenger cars ... plus stations, loaders, etc.
They get set up in either the living room or family room about once
a year and usually stay for a month or maybe two.  We can get away
with it since Mom follows her job and lives out of state ... and
when she is here for a weekend, the trains don't bother her.  When
they are "put away", they're on a ladder accessible loft that is
just large enough for an oval with 10 straights on one side and
35 straights on the long side; with sidings, etc. in the middle ...
we don't have any cross tracks yet.  I've been building the setup
since the 9V battery days.  I hope you enjoy your trains as much
as we have!

- Nick -