 Trains / 2339
Re: Home layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:57:04 GMT

Paul,

I took down and redesigned my layout this past Spring when I was able to get
new tables (using the PNLTC modular design - thanks Ben!).  Pictures of the old
layout, which sat on a ping-pong table, are at:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/2436/

The new layout is made up of 4 rectangular and 4 square modules, that makes for
108 square baseplates of total area.  The old table probably had space for
70-80.  Yet with the extra space of ~30 baseplates, I still find I want more
room for track and roadplates.  I haven't done a track count, but there are two
main loops, an elevated section, a burp mountain/tunnel and a mediocre 2-level
bridge (that needs to be redone).  I have resisted posting pics b/c I have
about 6 MOC buildings, 2 monorail stations, and some other details I want to
build before I go public with the new design, not to mention the bridge needs
work and there are random pieces all over the streets.  I'll try to get a
couple shots posted for anyone who wants a preliminary looksy.

-Mike

In lugnet.trains, Paul Foster writes:

I'm curious, how many people actually have train tracks set up
and available at home to run trains on?  Some folks, it is obvious
from the web pages (like Joe D) that they can run trains anytime
but I was just wondering about others?

Having just set up my first tracks, I was just curious.

Paul