 Trains / 2340
Re: Version 2 of Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 19:30:48 GMT

Thanks for the comments, Steve and Larry.  I appreciate all of them.

Aside:
I have worked on this American loco just as I get ready to go to Europe and go
Eurailing in The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, and France.  This Amtrak
loco may just be my one and only American model  ;-)
Some of the travel should be on TGV and Thalys at the end of the trip.  I don't
think any of the trip has an ICE scheduled.  Looking forward to the Jungfrau
(sp?) trip around Interlaken, Switzerland, as well as the scenic train from
Interlaken through the mountains to Montreux on Lake Geneva.

Thanks, again for the help on the Amtrak loco.  Now that Larry has said NO WAY
to the sad puppy face, I think we all have a challenge!

later,
James

In lugnet.trains, Steven A. Martin writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
Worked some more on the Amtrak loco.

I tried to incorporate mods based on all of the feedback I've received.  Some
things I'm just not good enough to accomplish.

A fun model to work on.

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopage.html

link though train creations/locomotives

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

later,
James Mathis

I'd have to say that I liked the front window a lot better in version 1.  The
slope of the version 1 window definately gave it more of the 'sad puppy dog
eyes' look.  Other than that I thought the changes were improvements.

Steve Martin