 Trains / 2314
New: Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 06:57:36 GMT

Worked today on a new locomotive model.  Pictures of my 1st iteration are up at
my website- link through trains/locomotives.

I've tried to model the General Motors EMD type F 7 locomotive in what my
Marklin catalog says is the first Amtrak color scheme with a red nose.
Apparently this paint job earned the locomotive the nickname "Rudolph".

As I said, it is my first attempt at this type of engine...or any US trains in
general.  I must admit, I've seen others' models of this type F 7, and kudos to
you all for excellent models!  I'd appreciate all you posting your web site
links to your models again so I can see them again.  I know the LEGO models
I've seen incorporate styling cues of the real thing that I am just not
capturing, yet.

I've only built one F 7 Amtrak unit.  My Marklin catalog shows a three unit
diesel electric locomotive set.  I'd love to be able to build all three.  Now I
wish I had a Metroliner for some gray windows...never thought I'd be saying I
wish I had a Metroliner ;-)

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopage.html

later,
James Mathis