 Trains / 2343
Re: Home layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 06:46:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

I have just started laying out my permanent layout, with track in place. It is • an
"L" that is 45" wide on the ends and 9' long along one wall and 7 1/2' along • the
other.  Jim, this might be of interest to you, because I have two levels as • you
wish to build.  You cannot make a traditional circle helix because you cannot • get
high enough in the distance of less than one perimeter length.  I take a very
gradual grade up (up by about 1 plate/section--about 20'), but a rather steep
decline (down 1 brick/section).  I'll be able to hide the decline in a • mountain
(30"x45"), but I'm guessing that is the bare minimum.

-John

So is this going to be separate from your GMLTC modules?   Maybe a big free
standing bridge between the two.

I need more space.  Although the stub wall dividing my lego room and the
rest of the basement looks to be wide enough for a 18 or 20 stud hole, enough
room for two tracks.  Wonder what the wife will think, course then I have to
buy a LOT more straight track.

Paul
http://www.gmlug.org/foster/