 Trains / 2392
2391  |  2393
Subject:
Track Planning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 06:18:16 GMT

Hello.  Perhaps someone here can help me.

I hope to start building a model railroad out of LEGO (of course).

I don't own any turnouts yet, so I've been playing around with Matt's
excellent Track Designer v2.0

I have not been able to find a solution to the design I want.

Is it possible to place switches in a large circular loop using the
curved part of the turnout as part of the loop?

I am trying to build the following layout section.  Note: I'm not
worried about creating a return loop, I plan to create electrical
blocks.

I need a circular loop (this can be larger than a standard loop) with
a 90 degree crossing on one side.  That's the easy part.

I want two switches as part of the loop that then connect to the
straight track heading out from the crossing.

Anyone have a solution by chance?

LEGO could use some flex track.  <grin>

And 30 and 45 degree crossings would be nice too. And different
diameters of curves as well.  And...

<ICS>