 Trains / 2395
Re: Track Planning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:31:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ian Sinclair writes:
Thanks James.

After reading Matt's geometry page I found one solution.  It's not as
pretty as I'd like, but it does the job without any cheating.

As it is a return loop, it is useful for a point to point layout.

It can also hold a train in the loop after it enters, and can be
released in the opposite direction later.  The crossings through the
middle are another possibility for more interest.  The holding tracks
are a little yard idea.

Well, you can allways do the non lego thing and cut some track so that the
geometry is better.  I have 4(?) pieces that I had to cut for the current
layout, plus 2 points (cut and remade into full curves...why they didn't make
them like Matt suggested...I don't know...)

Designing a layout around a room is always a challange, no matter what scale.

James P