 Technic / *15701 (-100)
  Re: F1 with transmission (was: Ferrari)

(...) Hehhe, I noticed your clever solution some time ago, but I sad it would be a little hard for TLC :) This also due to the fact that they want a clean solution... (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Misunderstanding

One problem with communicating on the internet is that it is easy to take what people say out of context. No one has said anything bad about Crowkillers. They just wondered if the Ferrari was a joke he made up. If someone asked me if I was playing a (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) Now this is a bad joke... or are you going to tell me that you were not kidding? (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) Google finds references of set 8653 as a 2005 unreleased set at: (3 URLs) along with set 8652, Enzo Ferrari 1:17 -Rob. (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

(...) Yes it is surprisingly sturdy - I even built one with just #12 axles and no diagonal bracing, and it worked very well. But they allowed significant twisting, it wasn't enough to make them fail but I wouldn't like to push it. (URL) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

(...) Actually the only problem I encountered was a slight twist weakness in the very top and very bottom segments and the physical stress limits (vertically) of the Axles... I didn't actually reinforce it with beams at all.. looked awesome and (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: large technic hook

(...) I have one hook I got in a 2nd hand lot that showed some signs of corrosion. I'm not sure what caused it, but I rubbed it with methylated spirit and it came up good as new. ROSCO (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

(...) That construction would be fine if the "beams" are always in compression, but because the diagonals all slope the same way in each section, it would be prone to twisting failure if you're not careful. ROSCO (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

(...) <snip for bandwidth> (...) My answers to Technic Towers O' Power and Orthogonal Bracing: Method 1- Axles, Axle Connectors and Studless: 1 square segment = 4x Constructed as follows Verticals using Axle Connector #2 Alternating 90 degrees with (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) I have his email and could ask him if it is a hoax if you wish. Why is it not on the lego website? I have no idea where he found the picture. Does anyone else? (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: large technic hook

(...) You mean the one that is on the wirlwind rescue? I believe that it might be Aluminum, Because of how light it is. Aluminum will not rust from water. As for paint, I have no idea. I scratched a little bit off with a knife, So it might be (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  large technic hook

Does anyone know what metal the large technic hook is made from? Or what coating (paint etc) is applied? Is it waterproof (i.e. will it rust if I get it wet?) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) The joke was terrible. If you were in sydney you would have been hit. However i believe this set is a worse joke. I have my reservations about the enzo, i agree it doesn't look like an enzo. In fact, i think this is not a LEGO set. there is no (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic cylinder rust.

(...) I found Autosol metal polish paste, when buffed on, make them quite shiny. (I have not tried this on lego pneumatics yet, But doubt there will be a probelm) I claims to prevent rust and tarnish, and all the items I polished have not corroded (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Dismantling old style pneumatic cylinders?

I just got a 8851 excavator, and Would like to get inside the cylinders to lube 'em up. Has anyone successfully dismantled a old style cyilender, or am I just dreaming? Chris (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: F1 with transmission (was: Ferrari)

(...) Difficult, but not impossible: (URL) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Fabiosali

Thank you very mutch for the compliments,my model in scale 1/20 and I pilot them through a command to thread, electric and pneumatic. Ciao Fabio "SteP" <stprosse@tin.it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:I8MMK9.t71@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) as (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) I believe you three could build a better one. You guys are talented. I'm not into sports cars unless you consider an old Ford Thunderbird a sportscar. (URL) I think the old 'birds (1955-1966)look better than any other car, but heavy equipment (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) Sure, but the second I can get my hands on one, I'm RC'ing it (just like the 8448) so Marie might 'upgrade' to a new set of wheels-- (URL) down a bit) So I'm looking forward to the Ferrari, suspension or transmission missing or not. And with (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) Hehehe, well, the silver champ has a magnificent suspension, don't forget that, and on top of that, it looks good. Now a formula one racing car with a gearbox would be a little hard to do for TLC, thus I can accept that it doesn't have one. (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) Question- I thought that neither the Silver Champion nor the Williams F-1 racer have a transmission (which are both bigger than lego supercars) and the other technic Ferrari racer does not have a suspension or a transmission. Why is the new (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) Paul (Crowkillers) and I totally agree on this model, it's garbage in it's purest form, it doesn't even look like an Enzo. It indeed doesn't seem to have a suspension, thus it isn't a decent supercar, and I bet it hasn't even got a gearbox. (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: source for 1 x 12 technic beams in red?

(...) Unfortunately Jonathan lives in Australia, but on the up side, we also have 2 very good LEGO educational suppliers who both stock the supplementary beams sets: (URL) .loc.au (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: source for 1 x 12 technic beams in red?

Try Lego Education! (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: source for 1 x 12 technic beams in red?

(...) I got a bunch of 1x12 red technic bricks at pick a brick at Legoland and imagination center in CA. If you don't have access to a pick a brick that has any, I would say bricklink. I've always had good success buying on bricklink. Mark (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: source for 1 x 12 technic beams in red?

Damn, I was hoping for a set that is likely to be out there that I could pick up (either current or recent) But as there are none, I need to either hope someone local can sell me what I need or failing that, bricklink is the next best choice. Buying (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: source for 1 x 12 technic beams in red?

(...) If you want to purchase sets: peeron suggests the following: Red: 8 in 8280-1 - Fire Engine / Fire Response Unit (1995) 8 in 8856-1 - Whirlwind Rescue (1992) 8 in 9649-1 - Technology Resource Set (2003) 6 in 9701-1 - Control Lab Building Set (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  source for 1 x 12 technic beams in red?

Can anyone suggest a source for 1 x 12 technic beams in red? Briclink has them but if there is another way to get them that would be preferable. (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Fabiosali

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:I8L20H.r6s@lugnet.com... (...) different (...) I'm forwarding your message to Fabio (lugnet.org.it.itlug), which is part of our "team": www.abstechnology.org (sorry, only italian (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Fabiosali

(...) lowboy, the ramps folded, and finally the two drivers shake hands... that was great stuff. Very good pictures too! I hope he posts about his work, as it's quite good. (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Fabiosali

This guy is good. His style is similar to Dennis Bossman, but uses a different scale. I think his creations work too. (URL) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

Ok, It's December now...any status changes? I've gotten exhausted holding my breath, so I've begun my own.. but must wait until January to buy the rest of the parts I need... (...) (20 years ago, 11-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption (was Re: Rolling ball clock revisited)

(...) There will be a minimum throuhgput to solve that. Right now, we're testing with 1 ball/second. So, the very first module will be regulated to run somewhere just below that speed. As long as everyone else can meet the minimum, there will be no (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption (was Re: Rolling ball clock revisited)

(...) Looks fun ;o) One of my goals when building Bob's clock was to get my feet wet in ball moving... One foreseeable issue: if an upstream unit has more throughput than a downstream one, we shall get ball overflows! Philo (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  lego model ideas

Hey y'all- I have been looking at the lego technic models that have been on the market (like set 8436 or 8868 for example) and a thought occured to me. I don't know if this thought is proper discussion for the Technic section, but here goes. Has (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: set 8074 question

(...) Check out peeron: (URL) 75 DkGray Technic Flex-System Hose (Pic) 14L 1 75 DkGray Technic Flex-System Hose (Pic) 5L 1 75 DkGray Technic Flex-System Hose (Pic) 6L multiply the length of the tubes by 8mm (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption (was Re: Rolling ball clock revisited)

(...) One thing Steve forgot - think constant noise. Constant, *constant* noise. But it is a lot of fun... (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Dennis Bossman

I like the flat bed truck model with the back-hoe on it. I can't remember where the link is to the picture, but remember it well. Is it on a website? (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  The Great Ball Contraption (was Re: Rolling ball clock revisited)

(...) This announcement isn't quite ready, but while we're on the subject of rolling [soccer] balls, I figured I'd leak out a bit of info. We're working on a standard (currently in testing) for modules for "The Great Ball Contraption." Think Rube (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX has a fast clock, was Re: Rolling ball clock revisited

(...) As David Ward suggested me, the oscillator is most probably equipped with a ceramic resonator with built-in capacitors. This explains the low precision of the clock (tolerance for ceramic resonators is in the 1% range while for crystals it is (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  RCX has a fast clock, was Re: Rolling ball clock revisited

Hello dave, (...) A made an experiment this night using a RCX 2.0, the clock was fast by about 10s per hour. I suppose that this problem comes from bad capacitor loading of the crystal used on RCX. Crystals need to see some capacitance to oscillate (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rolling ball clock revisited

Hi Rob, (...) I tried a similar mechanism (a large inclined plane with a width reduction in the end), the problem is that LEGO balls are somewhat rough, and they tend to form a locked arch above width shrinking. I even tried to add a stirring (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rolling ball clock revisited

(...) Thanks, Bob! I hope you'll get as much pleasure building my arm as I got building your clock... Philo (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:I8DHDr.u1s@lugnet.com... (...) Not exactly what I was thinking, but you're close. If you stick your bendy straw in your 1/2 pint chocolate milk and then turn it upside-down, that's more of (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

(...) So, what exactly is a gravity tube? Maybe you mean something like: Empty Full Half-full | | |o| | | | | |o| | | | | |o| |o| | |___ |o|___ |o|___ |_____ |o____ |o____ Hence, when a ball comes in (from bottom right of the tube), it pushes a ball (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rolling ball clock revisited

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:I8CKBA.152q@lugnet.com... (...) Awesome work, both of you! As for the mechanism occasionally not picking up a ball: Instead of having the bucket grab a ball from the bin, why not have a (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RC Lego, how is the best?

Hello, (...) the (...) best. (...) If you want to go outside, you definitly want the Dirt Crusher... See my other message: (URL) Maico Arts (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rolling ball clock revisited

(...) I love it! Very nicely done! It was interesting to read this bit off your website-- " The problem should have been very simple: each minute, start the elevator until a ball is detected by one sensor. Unfortunately, my first try over a several (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Rolling ball clock revisited

i have been waiting to see if some one would put my LDraw files to go use. i see many good modifications too! i will have to go home and try some of these modifications to my clock. i especially like the fix to prevent 2 balls form lifting, the ball (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: set 8074 question

(...) What about the grey flex tubes? (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Rolling ball clock revisited

I finally rebuilt (URL) Bob Kojima's rolling ball clock> with RCX control (and other minor modifications) (URL) Description of these modifications, program, photos, videos are (URL) here> Special thanks to Bob for the time spent to LDraw his (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: set 8074 question

(...) 2 x 5.6cm 1 x 7.2cm 4 x 8.8cm 1 x 10.4cm 2 x 15.2cm ROSCO (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  set 8074 question

Can someone who has the set measure the flex cables and tell me how long they are in milimeters? (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hailfire Droid wheel explorations

In lugnet.build, Ray Sanders wrote: Version 2: now I have hard points on one side to attach it to something... and I have complete clearance on the edge on the wheel... (URL) The two halves are held together with eight p/n 32207 ( apparently a ZNAP (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, FTX)

  Re: RC Lego, how is the best?

(...) I haven't had the pleasure of the two new "outdoors" RCs yet but must say the supersonic is the best indoors. As it has no susspension, it handels the best. The hot flame does wheel stands which hinder racing i find the camber of the front (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: whats the deal with this set?

I was actually interested in an online copy of the instructions. And thanks to (URL) I now have it :) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: whats the deal with this set?

(...) I have 3 of those if you want one. You can send your mailing address to radarbell@hotmail.com if you feel comfortable doing so. Nathan Bell (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hailfire Droid wheel explorations

(...) Several people have already done it, here's just one example: (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Hailfire Droid wheel explorations

I've been thinking, there's gotta be some way one could adapt one or two of those hailfire droid wheels for a turntable assembly, like for a crane project or to build a rotating restaurant on top of. Anyone got any ideas or photos that might help? (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap)

  RC Lego, how is the best?

Hi people, I already own the RC Race Buggy ((URL) I think its a very good set. But i know there is other RC Sets: 8378 Red Beast RC: (URL) Supersonic RC: (URL) Dirt Crusher RC: (URL) Hot Flame RC Car: (URL) of these is the best RC Set Choice? All of (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hailfire Droid wheel explorations

Ray Sanders wrote: ... (...) That's what a power drill is for. :) Excuse me for a moment while I prepare for the inevitable onslaught. :) >> Mark (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap)

  Hailfire Droid wheel explorations

The other night, I started exploring what uses can be made of the big gear wheel from the Hailfire Droid. Having plenty of ZNAP beams handy, I used a few of them as a gear box to hold the wheel. (URL) The first attempt was to use four 8-tooth gears, (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, FTX)

  Re: whats the deal with this set?

(...) Is the set of instructions for the "all 3 sets in one" model available online anywhere? (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: whats the deal with this set?

(...) I also haven't seen the combo set, but as there are 4 lots of instructions listed on Bricklink, I'd assume it contained the 3 sets plus extra instructions, most likely for the model pictured. Your best bet is probably to contact one of the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: whats the deal with this set?

(...) They were 3 separate sets in the late 1980's and early 1990's. Each set came with two instructions- one for the model and alternate model, and the other one for the model combining the three sets. I don't recall ever seeing them together in (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  whats the deal with this set?

(URL) it a 2-pack with all 3 sets in one? Was there a seperate set of instructions? If so, is there an electronic copy available? Does it have a set number? Is there a way to get an inventory of the whole thing (i.e. all 3 sets at once)? (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: White gears

(...) exceeds a certain amount (listed on the gear). This basically serves as protection from overtorquing the entire sytem and breaking something. -Orion (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  White gears

Can someone who has one of these white gears tell me what they are for? How are they different from the other 24-toothed gears? Is there perhaps a one-way ratchet inside each one, or do they spin freely on the axle? (URL) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re:Re:Idea for trailer ramps

Thanks for the comments, Larry and Jennifer. Hopefully the next pictures will be resized. The next folder of pictures should be of a heavy-roller. (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Space Wheels Entry: Nezumi attack vehicle

(URL) I hope I didn't miss the deadline for the Space Wheels contest (I sent the e-mail a little over 20 minutes ago). Anyways, I don't remember where I saw it, but the wheel design was actually inspired by an image showing how the 8x8 radar dishes (...) (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, FTX)

  Re: Idea for trailer ramps

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote: Snip. I liked the look of the models I saw (especially the crane boom truss you did, very nice), but didn't have time to wait for all the pics to load. I think that there is some merit in resizing your pics (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Idea for trailer ramps

I like the ones on the black trailer best - clever use of the L shaped liftarm with curve. Jennifer (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re:Ferrari

Thanks for the info John. I think "crowkillers" dislikes the model because it does not appear to have shocks and the wheels don't appear to be the large size typically used for technic supercars. However, I like it. It looks great- especially the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) I love major studless Technic models. If this big baby has the mechanics of the last supercar -- working engines, 5+R gearbox, full suspension, 1400+ pieces, etc. -- and rings in at C$150 or less, I'll get one. Given the going prices of past (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) year's large Technic supercar - large technic sets have traditionally been released in the summer in north america. However, the smaller scale "model Team" Ferrari Enzo has been spotted and purchased at TRU in the US, and is also in TRU (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Ferrari

The new Ferrari kit was not in the latest catalog. Is it only available in Europe? (URL) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compact synchro Drive

Yhe steering mechanism is very strong, and i am sure it can handle twice the actual weight. But i'am not sure about the traction mechanism, because it have a lot of friction on the axles and more gear mesh than i would like. But this is only the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compact synchro Drive

In lugnet.robotics, Patrick Levy wrote: [snip] (...) unique. I have always had a problem with the durability of the synchro designs out there. Is your design able to handle a large amount of weight? My designs for synchro drives have always used the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compact synchro Drive

Iain, I change de location of the site, please try now. (URL) Levy (URL) Hendry" <militaryduckjock@rogers.com> escreveu na mensagem news:I7wK8y.1BE7@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compact synchro Drive

(...) ((URL) as a washer! Philo (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compact synchro Drive

(...) :-/ Iain (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Lego RC set 8369

Someone asked me a nice question about the Dirt Crusher, LEGOs outdoor RC car. This what I replied to this person: What are other people experiencing with this car? Greetings Maico Arts the Netherlands (...) set really worth the money on a long term (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Compact synchro Drive

Hi all, I just finished my "compact synchro drive". I started this project some weeks ago, and i was studing an alternative to the always used turntables (that turns the entire robot into a large, fat and heavy being). This model is very compact, (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: rubber belts question

Jonathan, I have some green too, It is the same size of the blue, but thicker (double width). I get those in bionicle set Cahdrok and Gahdok #8558: (URL) Levy (URL) Davis" <edavis@vermontcount...store.com> escreveu na mensagem (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane madness

(...) (box with x) Iain (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: rubber belts question

(...) Peeron shows them in five different sizes. White is smallest, then red, then blue, yellow, and a sort of light blue. Looks like the red last showed up in 2002 in one of the Bionicle sets, and the light blue "giant" belt only showed up in one (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  rubber belts question

I have the rubber belts (the more "shiny" things, not the elastic bands) in blue, white and yellow. Is there a 1:1 relationship between the size and color of the belts? What sizes/colors do I not have any of? Where can I get some in that size/color? (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Online with web page

(...) correct adress should be (URL) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Online with web page

Ok, Im online at the moment, still waiting for a better wether, and in a process of completing a few models, so I have something to fill my sparetime with. Anyway, enjoy www.jts-modeller.com (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: work in progress | more pictures and information

(...) Great. Thanks for asking. Today I reached ´The end of the world' (in Ushuaia on Terra del Fuego). Great place. (...) I know it. The cylinders are too weak. Otherwise you have to make a smaller crane (of less heavy). (...) OK. That will be (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

(...) Hey Lenny, I just wanted to pipe in with my two cents. I've been working on a ship with a rotating mid-section, though it's probably not as large as yours is looking, it's a medium minifig scale ship, and it only has one rotating section, in (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

(...) The key thing is keep the center of gravity of the ring at the drive axle. If it is 1mm off then you will need a lot more torque, and the rotation speed will be non-uniform. (...) You can just use 3 bevel gears or this piece (URL) to do (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

(...) There are a couple of option without resorting to mods: (URL) Use a large technic turntable. This is probably preferable, as the ring will be large and it will give you a better mechanical advantage, and allow a much more sturdy connection (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

(...) Cool! But don't knock yourself out trying to get it to run off a single motor - unless you only have one!! You'd probably find on the real craft, they would be driven independently, with computer synchronisation. (...) LOL don't worry it (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

In lugnet.build, Leonard Hoffman asked: (...) Alas, the Technic toolkit has nothing in the way of planetary gears, or a means to do coaxial shafts. But if you're willing to do brick-modding, you could carve out the center of a 48-tooth gear (so it (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

(...) I just figured how to do the different directions on a single (URL) (forgive the MSPaint drawing). And speed is actually something I don't want - the HabRing has to be very slow since I'm going to have detail I want people to see inside of it. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

(...) Most probably - assuming the rings are both balanced all you need to overcome is friction. And they won't be spinning all that fast. (...) Yes you can - you can connect as many motors you like in parallel. Their output shafts can be connected (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Need Help: Rotating Sections of a Spaceship

Heya guys, Right now I'm planning on building a large "science factual" spaceship with a rotating centrifugal-gravity hab-ring. (URL) Drawing> I was wondering if anyone could give me some hints/suggestions/how-to for powering the rotating section. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: work in progress | more pictures and information

Ohyeah! Im back again! As I told you in october, things will change! Hows your holiday btw? Sofar I have reached my goals, a fully operational model. I will have to redesign the stick as it is tiltable, but that shouldn't be to hard since its (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: work in progress | more pictures and information

Hi Jan-Tore, It seems you are back again. The FH is impressive. It is always a pitty the pneumatics are far too weak. But I think it is a very heavy model. I saw your TGA as well. As far as I know you are the first one with a 1:13 TGA. Greetings (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact