 Technic / 13317
13316  |  13318
Subject:
The Great Ball Contraption (was Re: Rolling ball clock revisited)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:31:07 GMT

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, Rob Hendrix wrote:

So, what exactly is a gravity tube?

I could draw a picture for reference or build a mock up
if desired...

Rob

This announcement isn't quite ready, but while we're on the subject of rolling
[soccer] balls, I figured I'd leak out a bit of info.

We're working on a standard (currently in testing) for modules for "The Great Ball
Contraption."

Think Rube Goldberg
Think Mousetrap (the game)
Think interchangable modules, like the moonbase standard
Think constant motion, conveyor belts, rolling balls,
      robotic arms and pneumatic cranes,
      spinning wheels and counting balls...

How can YOU move a soccer ball from your "in" basket to the next person's "in" basket?

How far can a soccer ball fly, and still land in the right place, every time?

How many soccer balls can be moved at once?

What is a gravity tube?  :)

Anyone and everyone will be able to contribute.

The Great Ball Contraption will be assembled at BrickfestDC 2005.  What will you make?

Steve