 Technic / 13314
Re: Rolling ball clock revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:28:26 GMT

Hi Rob,

Not exactly what I was thinking, but you're close.  If you stick your bendy
straw in your 1/2 pint chocolate milk and then turn it upside-down, that's
more of what I had in mind.  The tube should always have balls in it due to
the sloped design of the bin forcing balls into the tube (which goes down
and then "bends" more towards level to an end platform where the bucket
mechanism
can pick up a ball.  I could draw a picture for reference or build a mock up
if desired...

I tried a similar mechanism (a large inclined plane with a width reduction in
the end), the problem is that LEGO balls are somewhat rough, and they tend to
form a locked arch above width shrinking. I even tried to add a stirring
mechanism, but it was still not reliable. If you succeed to do that I would be
interested!

Philo