 Robotics / 23066
Re: Compact synchro Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:50:50 GMT

Yhe steering mechanism is very strong, and i am sure it can handle twice the
actual weight. But i'am not sure about the traction mechanism, because it
have a lot of friction on the axles and more gear mesh than i would like.

But this is only the first version, and i will make some improvements soon:

-    reduce the height of the whole robot
-    better traction mechanism
-    move faster

Patrick Levy

"Rich Thompson" <rich@robotthoughts.com> escreveu na mensagem
In lugnet.robotics, Patrick Levy wrote:
[snip]
I will apreciate a lot for any opinion, comment or advice about this
project.

http://www.omiccron.com.br/lego/

I like seeing designs that do not use the turntable. This one seems pretty
unique. I have always had a problem with the durability of the synchro • designs
out there. Is your design able to handle a large amount of weight? My • designs
for synchro drives have always used the turntable and I may try one built • around
your design.

My older designs:

http://www.robotthoughts.com/?q=node/view/2588
http://www.robotthoughts.com/?q=node/view/2589
http://www.robotthoughts.com/?q=node/view/2607

Well, Since now i have the hardware, i must go to software, and i do not
have an idea where to start...  I was thinking about a maze solver • robot,
but i can not figure how to work with the sensors (since the robot do • not
turn it head).

Could somebody point me somewhere I can find ideas to program a synchro
drive robot? I use NQC a lot.

Here is a synchro design that uses some simple NQC code mainly for bump
detection. This robot below uses a 360 degree bumper that may help with • maze
solving or general navigation.

http://www.robotthoughts.com/?q=node/view/2581

Thanks for sharing your design.

Rich Thompson