 Robotics / 23062
Re: Compact synchro Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:33:33 GMT

The images comes in popup window, just cut off your popup killer! (and be
patient too, the site is quite slow...)

Ok, Ok, i move it from a better without popups.... It will not happen
anymore...

Congratulations, Patrick, building such a compact design is not easy! My • only
restriction concerns stability, with the weight of the RCX on top of this
tower...

It´s i´am not intirely happy with this too. I work a lot to reduce it´s
height, but the gear reductions take a lot room. If i could eliminate the
gear reduction of the second stage, I possible could elminate about 4 studs
of it´s height.

However, as the third stage have to motors, and some structural elements, it
push down the center of gravity of this robot, and it´s more stable than it
looks. It will only fall if i rotate it 25º from one of it wheels

So, as this bot is not know from it´s speed, i don´t have to worry about
inertia. It´s very good for the purpose i am designing it (maze solve and
line follower)

Patrick