 Storage / 745
Re: the evolution of lego sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:49:25 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3A5D30E2.B1878C6D@mindspring.com...
Quite available in the US, and I've seen them at least within the past
12 months. I wouldn't swear that Rolykits is the brand their sold under
here, but they definitely are around (and the website confirmed my guess
as to what you were talking about).
I've been looking for them here, and have been sending them emails, but no
reply...

I looked at them, but they looked
more like one of those "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time"
things which turn out not quite as practical as they initially appear
(my thoughts run to: how well and efficiently do they stack, how much
space is wasted by the "corners", do they actually hold your stuff or do
they sometimes spill [especially what happens before you understand the
way to open them up]).
Maybe it's 'cause I grew up with them; my Technic stuff and all the minifig
junk has been in them all through my dark ages.
To answer the other questions:
They stack pretty well, but yes, you do lose space in the corners.
They hold the stuff very well, as long as you're gentle when rolling them
up. I can't remember what it's like to try and understand them, as I've had
them for over 15 years, but it really is simple.

What I like about them is that they take up little space when rolled up, but
give a good overview when open. What I mean is, they seem easier to me then
opening trays all the time. I guess there's a limit to the size of your
collection for their usefulness (or is there one s and two ll's in there?).
I've never counted mine, but it must still be under 25k bricks. I don't know
what they'd be like for storing 100k+...... allthough I could imagine having
a Rolykit per color for tiles, small plates etc. so you can just grab the
ones you'd need for the current project.....

Anyway, I'll try and post a pic of my stuff one of these days...

Duq