 Storage / 715
Re: the evolution of lego sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:21:56 GMT

Since we're giving testimonials...

After the dark ages, living at home with no room for sorting/playing/ making
$$$ to buy lots of LEGO I have:

5 gallon Rubbermaid bucket with my stuff, now mostly built and sitting on my
bookshelves in new apartment.

About 25 lbs from a yard sale from last year of Classic Space and Town.
Some built, much of it missing pieces.  Lots of doubles, missing some
manuals, using Brickshelf to build.  More stuff on the bookshelves.

A recently aquired eBay lot of 25lbs.  More doubles on some sets, missing
pieces, dirty, teeth (see "What's in your LEGO posting").

Another eBay lot from almost years ago.  Sorted out non-LEGO stuff and put
into 11 gallon Rubbermaid container.  No baseplates, auctioned in another
lot and I didn't have the funds to get them also.

Several 3033 buckets, smaller parts lots stuffed into 3033 buckets.

40 or so sets, ranging from Classic Space to Ninjas.  Many not built yet.

So I have to sort:
Eight 11 gallon Rubbermaid containers
Nine 3033 buckets full of ABS
And the 40+ sets to build.

This doesn't include the closet full of Star Wars action figures and playsets.

And about 10,000 die-cast vehicles in the bedroom closet also yet to be
inventoried and sorted.  And then there are the Lionel trains in the attic
back home...

junior

currently sorting by piece type in 3033 bins and AkroMils and soaking 2X4
and 1X8 bricks in the kitchen sink.