 Storage / 721
Re: the evolution of lego sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:08:16 GMT

Remy Evard wrote:

Here's a description of an evolution of lego collection sorting.  It might
be yours, at least in parts.  It's certainly been mine.

I might turn this into an essay some day, but for now it will have to begin
life as a series of unsupported claims.  If you have any comments or
additions, toss'em in.

The Evolution of Lego Sorting

Great story... I'm glad I started visiting LUGNET almost immediately after
exiting my "shadow" period (I never really stopped playing with my LEGO,
but for about 4 years I hardly bought anything)  Because of what I read
here, I started sorting by part type, although I do need to admit that I
keep adding more boxes and further sort out each category. Then again, I'm
not having much trouble so far since I only have about 60k pieces.

So far I found some cheap plastic boxes (clear, so I can see what's in
them) in three sizes and they stack nice. They hold my sets. Now all I need
is another good system to keep my spare parts (which I don't want to mix
with my collection) sorted as well, since they're becoming harder to
manage... already over 10k.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com