 Storage / 743
Re: the evolution of lego sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 23:23:33 GMT

"J.D. Forinash" wrote:

In article <3A57F383.CCB73472@mindspring.com>,
Frank Filz  <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
I find the resealable bag a very effective container. They are
reasonably efficiently packed into a tub, and it is relatively easy to
fluff them around to get the specific part or color you want up to the
top. I mostly use freezer strength quart and gallon sizes (and wish the
Hefty One Zip brand came in a 1/2 quart or smaller bag).

I found this didn't work as well for me; even using "brand name" bags,
I found that I wasn't completely sealing bags-of-1x2-tiles and such. Also,
the bags aren't holding up well now five years later. I think they'll
be more useful as I add more sorts of containers to my storage.

The Hefty One Zip bags seal very positively. The Ziploc Slideloc bags
don't always seal so well. I use freezer weight bags, which I hope will
last several years (though some have been damaged by getting jammed as a
drawer was opened, causing the corner of a brick to slice the bag open.
The bags without the slider are definitely harder to get a perfect seal.

Frank