 Space / 7142
Re: To ladder or turbolift?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:00:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
In lugnet.space, Joel Kuester writes:
In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tpruden/Destroyer-Mark-4/mk4a008.jpg

actually, I have come up with a lift method that I find to work pretty well,
I think it is similar to your described method, but its very hard to tell
from the picture, so I have uploaded some pics of it to my Brickshelf:

lift1.gif through lift5.gif show some detail on my lift system, it uses a
small space, it has a 4x4 space for minifigs to stand, and I have less
friction problems than with other methods I tried... not to mention I kinda
think it looks cool  :)

cheers!
Joel Kuester

Wow Joel - I really like this approach - and it looks stable using the
technic beams on the side like that. And it does look cool!

<cut>

Now, for the original post, I think this would be a cool way for Mark to
incorporate an elevator.  The cranks are available in the arctic sets, and
the tecknic pieces (I don't know what Mark's collection is like, but I take
it's pretty impressive) are available if required in the slizers and
throwbot sets.  Using those, he can pick and choose his color.  The round
technic tubes that you use for elevator "walls/frame" are also avalable in
white from the artic sets.

Mark!  There you have it!  Why don't you try that?

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.

Yes I think this will great to try and incorporate it into my ship. Has
anyone attempted to motorize the crank/wench before that's included in the
arctic set? Also - anyone know the actual length of this line? (cp to .build
for this)

-Mark