 Space / 7106
Re: To ladder or turbolift?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:50:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.space, Mark Rideout writes:

<original post cut>

My first impression is to go with the lift because it's cool. I think that
you could build the car portion on a 4 x 4 plate (minimum). The 'fig would
be quite squished, but it would still be cool. The hard part is the control
and mechanics of the elevator. Most elevators that I have played with are a
little rough because of minor fluctuations where the bricks meet.

I would agree that it is the coolest way to go, but implementation is the
hardest.

For more ideas:

http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=111

Thanks for the pointer on this thread

The ship class and purpose isn't totally defined, but current thoughts are
towards a scientific/explorer ship.

<cut>

Most of my stuff is single decked, so there isn't much need to go from one
level to another. When I do need to traverse levels, I usually use a ladder.
Most of this is just mindless rambling anyway, so take it for what it's worth.

-Duane

Thanks for the pointers though! more than just mindless ramblings!

-Mark