 Space / 7156
Re: To ladder or turbolift?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:57:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
Great question and discussion! I was just thinking about this.

My ship is 270 studs long but I have still decided on ladders. Currently
there are 2 tight decks in the bridge with 2 ladders inbetween. Each
consisting of three of the old school ladder pieces.
The large cylinder has 4 decks. Storage in bottom, the landing bay in the
middle, and above that are two decks. These are both half the height of the
storage and the landing bay. For the top 2 decks I used two ladders (4
ladder pieces each) in little alcoves made with corner wall pieces etc..
There will be one shaft which runs from the bottom deck up to the 3rd deck.
(haven't built this yet) For this I still decided to make a ladder and not
use an elevator because my ship will have more of a cramped industrial look
and I honestly would rather spend my time building something else. The rest
of the ship will consist of more ladders and maybe some stairs in the
engineering. I'll get some quick pictures of the new progress soon if you
want, I finally had a chance to work on it a little more this last week.

Thanks for the input - all helpful to know what thoughts everyone else goes
through to make this decision.

Hey by the way I love this ship and tried to contact you via email a while
ago. When you finish it (or before you do ) I'd love to dd it to the GS.

Sorry, I don't remember. It would be an honor to get my ship into the GS,
though I need to get better pictures and a little more complete. I also
haven't got the good "story lines" that help others... yet at least...

-Mark