 Space / 7110
Re: To ladder or turbolift?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 00:45:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Mark Rideout at MadMax_hm@SPAMhotmail.com wrote:

There should be more pictures available after the first of the month (March)
as our next SEALug meeting occurs - I currently do not have a digi-camera to
provide building progress. It has been fun for me though to see this older
picture and look where I'm at now with it.

-Mark

Cool, that means I get to see it before all these yahoos. :^)

Yup.. It's being quite an adventure building this ship - and I'm going to
complete it darn'it! (little motivational talk for me). I can actually use
some input at the next SEALug meeting on the floor\room layout. I'm not sure
where to layout things like crew vs. captain quarters and the such..

I pretty much have all of the mid floor (2nd) profile created, and all of
the structural framework in place. It's cool how that has worked out - the
ship currently weighs in at about five pounds, but I can still hold it by
the nose section with no creaking or sagging. I'm guessing it will be around
15lb when done.

In the design I've also created a "cargo" or science lab bay in the back of
the ship. Each "bay" (one on each side) there is/will be 12x24 SU (stud
units) by 7 BU (brick units) space. The thought around the science lab would
be something like what is in <set:6980>. I'm thinking of using a tug concept
similar to that which Wayne presented last SEALug. Oh the mind just keeps
things a-going...

More in 2 weeks...

-mark

(CP SEAlug just to get traffic ;)