 Space / 7102
Re: To ladder or turbolift?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:26:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Rideout writes:
Hey all -
I'm seeking input on whether or not my current space craft MOC should use
ladders or a turbolift (aka elevator) to go from level to level.

Size-wise, your ship is right on the border - it could go either way. I can
understand your problem.

I think it depends on how you think about your ship. In my universe,
spaceships are rather cramped and utilitarian (think U-boats in outer
space), which is why I lean towards ladders in my own MOC's.

On the other hand, in some universes (think "Star Trek"), ships are spacious
and comfortable. I this case, a turbolift is in order.

The ship in the picture you posted looks more "Trekkish", so I say tubolift.
Of couse, the decision is your. I've never built an elevator, so I can't
help you there.

If the one picture is any indication, it's going to be an awesome ship -
regardless of how the crew moves about. I can't wait to see more.

- Paul