 Robotics / RCX / *8755 (-100)
  Re: Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

I tried to include the LDraw file but I had problems posting. (URL) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Control Cybermaster from RCX with feedback

(...) I think it's theoretically possible to communicate an 8 state signal from the RCX to the Cybermaster's passive sensor port. The passive sensor port measures resistance as well as using a switch - the 3 switches in the cybermaster set have (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Control Cybermaster from RCX with feedback

(...) This might be old news, but I just tried it anyway... You can connect an RCX motor port to a CyberMaster sensor port and vice versa and get tri-state info. You can distinguish between the motor floating, off, and one of forward or reverse (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Control Cybermaster from RCX with feedback

(...) Yes, I also hoped for some ready made NQC library e.g., since I saw someone was working on that once (around 2001 in one of these newsgroups) Morten (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

I did this in the past (since disassembled the bot) and found it to be quite reliable; except on slippery surfaces and carpet. :) The trick that I employed was to gear-up the rotation sensor. This causes the rotation sensor to detect even a slight (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

Have you come across the adder/subtractor drive? Although it make the gear chain slightly more complex - it may mean you can leave out the sensor entirely. The drive has two inputs (A and B), and two outputs - one being A+B, and the other A-B. So if (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Control Cybermaster from RCX with feedback

(...) It might be theoretically possible to use one RCX sensor port for control of the cybermaster - and using the one motor and one sensor port on the cybermaster. A few multiplexing designs I've seen use switching between passive and active sensor (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Control Cybermaster from RCX with feedback

Is it possible to interface a cybermaster and an RCX without the use of a PC, also without using up all sensor and motor ports? Sincerely, Morten H Pedersen (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

(...) Sounds good. I use a CyberMaster for the movement part of the robot because it has tachos on each internal motor. I modify the power settings for the motors to keep the robot (reasonably) straight, rather than stop and start them. If you tried (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

Hi I saw in the LEGO Mindstorms Web Page that many people made their robots with 2 motors go straight using one rotation sensor on each wheel and stopping the correct motor until both sensors were equal. I got Ultimate Accessory Set as a present (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: lego pneumatic

(...) Good reasearch..... Using the mindstorm motors, who's torque is a good match for the small pump, the small pump gets to a static pressure faster than a large pump using hte same kind of motor. The small pump does not keep up with the total (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.technic)

  RE: lego pneumatic

Hi , According to the (URL) a mini-compressor (using a single small pump) is actually more efficient than using double pump. It said more efficient, but not generate higher output though, correct??? (URL) produces a more persuasive test. However, (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.technic)

  Re: lego pneumatic

(...) Interesting project. Will your car have a pneumatic engine? Pneumatic steering? The large pump can run the engine with no externally controlled switches. Steering on the other hand would require control of two switches. Both pistons expanded (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.technic)

  RE: RCX for Kids: RIS upgrade? Robolab? Other?

Hi, That's odd. I upgraded mine from 1.0 straight to 2.0, and I only paid for the shipping. I did not order online, but on the phone. As far as choosing between Robolab and the RIS software, it depends upon the age and motivation of the child. (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX for Kids: RIS upgrade? Robolab? Other?

I have a Robotics Invention System 1.5 (circa 2000) that I haven't used for a couple of years now. My 12 year old daughter is interested in playing with it. Anyway, I'm trying to get newer software for her to use. I had thought there was a way to (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: lego pneumatic

Hi Kevin, Thank you very much for the info. I'll purchase the book and visits those sites for info. I am trying to build a pnematic car capable of turning by reacting to light and touch. My current problem is to automate the valve switch by (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.technic)

  Re: lego pneumatic

(...) Hi Liz, One of the books I co-authored in has a Mindstorms based adding machine that performs arithmetic using pneumatics. Since the printing of that book, pneumatics design has advanced quite a ways. I build a lot pneuatic things, and would (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.technic)

  lego pneumatic

Suggestion on a good book which focus on more penumatic construction with LEGO? -- thanks, Elizabeth Mabrey (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickos with suse 9.1

Hi, I tried to install brickOS-0.2.6.10.6 in SuSE 9.0 machine and faced the same problem. You can install an older version of brickOS (like brickOS-0.2.6.10) and it works fine with SuSE 9.0. Mohammed (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  First version of the IR-Wireless gateway available...

June 1, 2004 As someone of you maybe knows, we are developing a IR-RF gateway for Lego Mindstorms... A first version of the wireless gateway source code for the PIC16F876 is available for download on the wireless page. The gateway is not yet working (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: lego fiber optics light unit

For the "Fiber Optics Element" only, try: (URL) fiber optic related items, try: (URL) are a lot of elements for sale, as well as cables, and even some sets with the FOS. (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lego fiber optics light unit

Hi, By any chance that anyone knows where I may be able to find the fiber optics light units? -- thanks in advance E (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickos with suse 9.1

I'm tying to get brickOS started on a Suse 9 System, Did anybody install brickOS and the gcc-hitachi on Suse 9 System? After I download the brick.srec to the RCX it crashes. thx KHL (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: table brickos light to percent

In my opinion, the best way to approach this is the following: When the program starts, begin a Calibration, by first activating the light sensor, then reading the value. You can either wait a specific amount of time or have the user press a button (...) (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: table brickos light to percent

(...) Hi Thomas, Here's the formula used in the dsensor.h include file: #define ds_scale(x) ((unsigned int)(x)>>6) //!< mask off bottom 6 bits #define LIGHT(a) (147 - ds_scale(a)/7) //!< map light sensor to 0..LIGHT_MAX This maps the raw sensor (...) (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  table brickos light to percent

i there a table or converter from brickos light readings to light percentage ( and vice versa ) Thomas (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: issues with 6-legs bot

(...) Your approach is pretty common. As it turns out, you can (should) remove the wait time, also. Many people think they need to tell the robot how long to turn, or how long to go forward. It's like driving down the road in a car. You don't look (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: issues with 6-legs bot

Hi Steve, Thank you very much for your put! (...) Can't take the credit. I got the idea from the Sato book, instead of 4 legs, I thought the 6 legs are much more stable. (...) That's pretty much what I did initially, except I used to put in "wait" (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: issues with 6-legs bot

What if you were to make a small platform for the light sensors in between the legs that rest on the ground and has a slide somewhere so when the robot moves up or down it stays touching the ground. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Elizabeth (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  How to increase address range in brickos ?

Does anyone know a way to increase the address range in brickos beyond 0 through 15 ? When I cycle through the address range via View + Prgm it stops at 0xF0. The port is always set at zero. What if I modify the port value ? Or does that affect (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: issues with 6-legs bot

(...) Am I correct in thinking the two front, and two back legs don't move, only the middle two? That's a nice, simple design. And you have two light sensors, and your goal is to keep them on either side of the line, right? (...) If I understand (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  issues with 6-legs bot

Hi, I built this 6-legs bug for a black line tracking test. The construction: It is a walker with 2 motors, one for 3-left-legs, another one for the right. Middle leg on each side is connected on an 8-tooth gear and attach an 40-tooth gear. This (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

Very helpful info... thanks all for the info. "Mike" <kbg17[nospam]@[nosp...tzero.net> wrote in message news:Hxqu55.23Az@lugnet.com... (...) cylinder (...) does (...) they (...) They (...) T, one (...) by (...) I.D. (...) sold (...) just (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: problems with creating arrays of larger sizes

(...) Need to understand the difference how array and pointers are being allocated ... And char is usually one or two bytes, depending on type of procesor; and pointer is usually 4 bytes, unless you go to 64-bit processor ... If you wish to utilize (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems with creating arrays of larger sizes

(...) This won't work for sure. If you look into the kernel sources, DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE gives the value for every user program's stack. Actually, this is 1KByte, if I remeber it right. Your character array will be allocated on the stack and so you (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems with creating arrays of larger sizes

(...) Hi Andreas I would suggest, that you instanciate your variable as global, and not within the main() function. Or declare it as static so that the compiler does not try to instanciate it on the stack. The problem could be due to a stack (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems with creating arrays of larger sizes

OK, here is my code. #include <dmotor.h> #include <dsensor.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <dbutton.h> #include <conio.h> #include <stdio.h> #define n 1000 void verzoegerung(unsigned long zeit) { while(zeit--); } int main() { int i; char c[n]; (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Presumably that was Ben Fleskes... (see (URL) Interesting....they make custom plastic parts. (...) I have been very pleased with the wheels Ben commissioned and it's in part a testimony to the molder he chose (and in part to his engineering (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.trains)

  multiple source files?

How do I compile multiple .C source files to one .lx file? as far as I know, the default makefile doesn't support that. Thomas (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) I bought some T-connectors that work great from a local RC hobby store. They were fuel hose fittings for RC planes or cars. The package contained one T, one penbladder T, and two 90 degree fittings. It cost US$2.95. They are made by Fourmost (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems with creating arrays of larger sizes

(...) > (...) Who knows. Unless you show your code... Regards, Michael (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problems with creating arrays of larger sizes

Hello, at the moment I try to get experience with the memory of the RCX. I've read somewhere that the brickOS firmware is about 8kB big. I loaded a program with a size of 2 kb down to the RCX. With the help of the program I created an array of the (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Analog RCX Clock

... "Peter Kraus" <pkraus@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:HD1JD6.24xH@lugnet.com... (...) NQC (...) to (...) In (...) pictures (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Use of LNP under Windows

Hello I'd like to send sensor values from the RCX to my PC. In this forum I've read that I can do this with the help of LNPD. The OS on my PC is Win 2000, I'm using Cygwin to compile my BrickOS programs, my IR-Tower is connected to an USB port. Is (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOs 0.2.6.10.6 vs 0.2.6.09.newConf2

Patrik, It could be a memory leak, or maybe a memory fragmentation issue. If the memory manager cannot find a single block of memory large enough for the request it will fail. You may be able to tell by displaying the available memory on the lcd, (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD and Cygwin

(...) Hi, I want to communicate with my lnpd daemon running in linux machine from my windows/cygwin machine. Do you have your winliblnp implementation for cygwin? Thanks, Mohammed (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Robolab Conference

(...) Very cool! As a LabVIEW programmer, I'm usually able to attend NIWeek. This year I'll definitely extend my stay. For those of you that are going to attend this conference, I'd highly recommend sticking around for NIWeek as well: (URL) is (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  BrickOs 0.2.6.10.6 vs 0.2.6.09.newConf2

Hiya, I think we have encountered a problem in the latest brickOS, we have implemented a quite big program(to demonstrate a network protocol PROPHET). We had some trouble using the latest brickos0.2.6.10.6 some memory leak? caused the program to (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

There are lots of missing parts, not only pneumatic. "Elizabeth Mabrey" <emabrey@storming-robots.com> escribió en el mensaje news:200403161532.i2...ing.com... (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Some news about ERIKA Educational: master thesis, and a wireless transmission project

To whoever may be interested... Big news!!! ... it is almost time to release a new version of ERIKA Educational :-)... during these months, we have done the following works: * We started a wireless project for ERIKA Educational (currently it is (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: geometrical function in legOS

(...) Have a look at (URL) You'll find all the codes there. Good luck (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC & downloading NQC programs failing

(...) You should look at the LEGO USB Tower control panel Applet. On the Advanced tab there are fields where you can change these timeout values. John Hansen (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC & downloading NQC programs failing

Hi John and all the other members, yes, we got exactly this error in our teachers workshop today. We wrote a few programs on PCs with Windows98. Therefore we used Bricxcc 3.3.7.7 and usb towers. And we got the error you wrote about. The programs (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) It even more fun to activate here for real. Havent enjoyed playing (playing as in playing - not building) so much for a long time:) I glad you liked it, thanks (URL) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) Hehe, I like so much the concept of mindstorms but really a castle fan, so it works great together. Thanks (URL) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) Thanks, I glad you liked it so much. It's very easy to reset since the motors do it automatics:) (URL) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: geometrical function in legOS

No, brickos(formerly legos) does not include sinus/cosinus functions. You will have to write your own. Or simply use a lookup table. //Patrik (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  geometrical function in legOS

Hello I want to program a mindstorms robot with the help of LegOS. Does LegOS support the use of geometrical function like sinus or cosinus ? I hope that someone can help me Andreas (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Can Robolab stop the RCX switching off?

(...) This *trick* is in fact documented on page 13 of the "Getting Started" Teacher's Guide for ROBOLAB Software where it says "A setting of 0 means the RCX always stays on". The sematics is likely to cause confusion because earlier on it says (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) I keep going back and watching this. There's something about how fast the ax chops and then the clean sweep of the floor that makes me laugh out loud. Well done. Felix (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) Great stuff Yaron! Great use of a 100$ part (the RCX) in a castle MOC!!!! :-) Terry (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) Fun! I like the double whammy of both the ax and then the removal floor. All you need now is someone to come around and clean the blood (do lego's bleed?) from the floor for the trap to be reset. Sliding trapdoor instead of a breakaway one is (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Can Robolab stop the RCX switching off?

(...) I know nothing about Robolab, but you might wanna try setting this value to 0. ROSCO (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Can Robolab stop the RCX switching off?

(...) Entering a value of 0 is the trick to disabling the powerdown. (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Can Robolab stop the RCX switching off?

(...) Looks like there is a 255 minute powerdown time limit using ROBOLAB's Administrator. You can type in a higher number but the program reverts to 255. There's also the ROBOLAB program function "Set RCX Powerdown Time." Whether or not this obeys (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) odd (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Can Robolab stop the RCX switching off?

Hi,I would like to stop the RCX switching off after 30 mins can this be done using Robolab? I have the standard Mindstorms software and cannot see a way to do it. [the sprog and I are making 'burglar' alarms and surprises for each other] He is only (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

Some said a picture worth 1000 words... so I ask and how much a movie worth :) (URL) Enjoy! P.S. I forgat to mantioned that this is for the Booby Trap contest for CC:) Yaron "Webrain" Dori (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX) !!

  Wiki site to compare Lego Langages

hy, i began a wiki page to compare the lego languages because i didn't find a similar comparative table. it would be great if each one could contribute. (URL) thanks in advance Nicolas Maisonneuve (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  (no subject)

hy, i began a wiki page to compare the lego languages because i didn't find a similar comparative table. it would be great if each one could contribute. (URL) thanks in advance Nicolas Maisonneuve (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ideas for NQC

"John Hansen" <JohnBinder@aol.com> escribió en el mensaje news:HuB9Bv.1KyA@lugnet.com... (...) NQC (...) What I download is an upgrade or the whole program again? Is it necessary to uninstall the previous version? (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX firmware download

(...) It sounds like firmware download is aborting when trying to shift from normal to fast speed. Fast firmware download with the USB tower has always been a bit touchy. Make sure you have the most recent version of MacNQC, since there was a fix a (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX firmware download

(...) Did anyone mention a more trivial possible explanation, that high frequency neons may extremely disturb LEGO IR-communication. When we worked over our Mars-mission telerobotics project, everything perfectly run in our rooms, but when we moved (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX firmware download

Hi Albert, (...) since you always get the error at the same point, maybe your version of NQC is too old? The firmware has increased in size, and some old versions can't handle that. Jürgen (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX firmware download

(...) I have had this problem before as well. Sometimes this can be from too much ambient light or florescent light interfering with communication. Try isolating the tower and the brick by putting a small box or jacket over them. If this doesn't (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX.NET lets you program directly from .NET code

Hi guys! Some weeks ago I was trying to build a remote controlled (web page) camera using my RCX and .NET. I tried many libraries and no one worked ok. Then I decided to built my own .NET library, and It worked perfect. Now I'm sharing this with (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.technic)

  RE: RCX firmware download

I don't have a Mac box... But there are quite a bit of Intel users have similar problems. By any chance your Panther box has hyperthreading turned on. For the Intel users, the final verdict is hyperthreading feature being the culprit. Some (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX firmware download

Hi, Wonder if I can get some help in this forum, hope so ;) I've been trying to download the firmware (standard) to a RCX. After I turn it on, the cone signal blinks, and it accepts communication with the IR tower. Then it starts downloading and in (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  How to guarantee packet delivery ?

I am implementing the stmt "rc=lnp_addressing_write()" in a while loop until (rc != 0). Receiving unit sends an ack which is treated by lnp_addressing_write() as a data collision w/rc= -1. It works ok as long as a reflection or actual collision does (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX IR to RF conversion

Hi, My name is Tiago, and I'm from Brazil. This is my first post here, but I'm watching this group for a long time. Recently I saw a post here about a RCX IR to RF converter, created by the NEAT group. I was wondering, does anyone build their (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  First LEGO Robotics course at Tel-Aviv University

Hi all, 2 weeks ago I finished teaching the first course of Mindstorms in Tel-Aviv University - Israel and wanted to share pictures from the entire course. (URL) Enjoy Yaron "Webrain" Dori (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, FTX) !

  Re: brickos in SuSE 9.0

Hi, I'm using suse9 and managed to get it working by installing debian utilities and installing the recommended(in brickos HOWTO) h8300 binutil/gcc versions as debian packages. But I'm using a different version of brickos0.2.09 because I'm having (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickos in SuSE 9.0

Hi, I have installed brickos-0.2.6.10.6 in my SuSE 9.0 machine. First, I downloaded binutils-2.14.tar.gz and gcc-3.3.tar.gz Then I built h8300-hitachi-hms crosscompiler from gcc and binutils. After that, I have downloaded and installed (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: control RCX from PC

(...) I usually use the Microsoft C++ 6.0 compiler for my Windows programs, although the code should compile with little/no modification in any Windows-compatible C++ compiler. (Both the Borland and the GNU/GCC compilers should be able to rebuild (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: problems with "dll"

Try this: ./dll [options] that's a period and a forward slash before the dll Dan "Franz Steinmetz" <franzlst@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:HvyC12.20wJ@lugnet.com... (...) helloworld (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: control RCX from PC

(...) Thanks for this suggestion, but I don't want to use Lejos. It is too much a high-level language for the purpose of this class. (...) That's also one of my problems: I only use Linux, but the school uses Windows for this class. (...) Merci. (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: control RCX from PC

(...) I just looked over it, and it seems very near to my needs. I may try to modify it for writing to the USB tower. Thanks. By the way, which C++ compiler do you use ? (...) Remote" program. Am I right ? If so, it would be quite easy for me to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: control RCX from PC

(...) Here are a couple of websites that may help: (URL) got them from other members in response to my request for help with communication via the USB port. My request was posted on the NQC site: (URL) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: control RCX from PC

Salut Benjamin, (...) Lejos can do that, and it could also be used on the RCX. (...) I would bet on the RemoteCommand (0xD2) LASM command. There is a description in the SDK 2.5, "LASM byte codes.pdf", page 61. The SDK can be found by (URL) could (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: control RCX from PC

(...) I have a simple WIN32 console application (with C source code) that opens the USB tower to listen for messages from the RCX. You can easily modify this program (using the WriteFile() API system function) to talk to the RCX. (URL) not exactly (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  control RCX from PC

Hi all, I'm writing down some practical work for students that learn computer science. The goal is to teach them how a serial communication works. Therefore, we want them to write a program that listens to serial communications. The PC will send (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Differences between Raw Sensor readings and Light Sensor

(...) I'd guess it depends on what you are doing. Without a doubt, raw gives you the best sensor resolution. I'd guess that for kids it is easier to think in terms of 0 to 100%. Since you are not a kid, raw is probably better. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Differences between Raw Sensor readings and Light Sensor

Hi, Can someone point out the differences between setting a sensor as Light (or any custom sensor) vs setting the sensor as Raw? Isnt it better to use the RAW readings since it reports a range of 0 to 1023 as opposed to scaling the readings to 0 to (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) It sounds like you are having cygwin issues. Do you have a copy of bash.exe in a directory on your path somewhere other than in c:\cygwin\bin? Does your path include c:\cygwin\bin? If it doesn't then you need to add it to your path. You should (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, Yesterday I changed it into "\brickos", but as wanted to download a Programm again today, it didn't work (also only with Cygwin not). So I tried everything, I have also deinstalled BricxCC, Cygwin and BrickOS (perhaps some registry files (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Can you explain a little more what you mean by "sometimes"? Are you saying that with the OS root set to \brickos compiling works for some programs but not for others or are you saying that with BricxCC installed on one computer it works with (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, I've again found a way to solve this problem: Sometimes you have to replace the OS root "\brickos" with "c:\cygwin\brickos". Sometimes it works just with "\brickos". I don't know why. Franz Steinmetz www.roboshow.de franzsteinmetz@roboshow.de (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC & downloading NQC programs failing

Hi, (...) do you have any idea what the write timeout does and is needed for? I'm wondering whether I would need that in the Linux driver, currently I only have the other two. Jürgen (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  BricxCC & downloading NQC programs failing

I have heard from a user of BricxCC who has been experiencing the "compile failed: no (or bad) reply from RCX" (or words to that effect) error message when trying to download pretty much any NQC program either using BricxCC or using NQC directly (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) I am glad you were able to get this sorted out. I should add a note to the readme.txt which makes this additional configuration step for folks who already have earlier releases of BricxCC installed clear. John Hansen (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact