 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1676
Re: Analog RCX Clock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 01:42:07 GMT

"Peter Kraus" <pkraus@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
news:HD1JD6.24xH@lugnet.com...
It has been along while since I have dug out my RCX and brushed up on my • NQC
skills. Also having a fascination for old clocks and watches and I wanted • to
build a RCX controlled clock for work.  I found Ben Williamson's web page
for a Lego Analog Clock and decided to give a whirl.  Needed to redesign a
little using the Mindstorms rotation sensor and update the NQC code.  20
minutes of construction and 30 minutes re-doing the code, it runs fine. • In
case anybody wishes to try it also, the updated code is below.  No • pictures
at the moment, soon on Brickshelf.

Peter

Ben's original design
http://unite.com.au/~u11235a/lego/clock/index.html

New code:

#define ROTATION  SENSOR_1
#define MOTOR    OUT_A
#define STEP      1     /* set to 1 for 1/16 rotation */

int curr_watch;    /* set up of variables */
int old_watch;
int temp;

sub step()      /* step clock one time increment */
{
  OnRev(MOTOR);
  while (ROTATION < STEP);
  Off(MOTOR);
  ClearSensor(ROTATION);
}

task main()
{
SetSensor(ROTATION, SENSOR_ROTATION);
ClearSensor(ROTATION);
  SetPower(MOTOR, 1);
  SetSleepTime(0);      /* do not power down */

old_watch = Watch();  /* get clock from rcx */
while(true)
  {
  curr_watch = Watch();
  if( curr_watch != old_watch )