 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 316
Re: Can Robolab stop the RCX switching off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2004 23:01:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Mitchell Lichtenberg wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Charles Tomkins wrote:
Hi,I would like to stop the RCX switching off after 30 mins can this be done
using Robolab? I have the standard Mindstorms software and cannot see a way to
do it. [the sprog and I are making 'burglar' alarms and surprises for each
other] He is only 6 so NQC et al.could be a bit daunting.
Could I alter anything in the setup of the std mindstorms software to do this?
Thanks
Chas

Looks like there is a 255 minute powerdown time limit using ROBOLAB's
Administrator.  You can type in a higher number but the program reverts to 255.
There's also the ROBOLAB program function "Set RCX Powerdown Time."  Whether or
not this obeys the same 255 minute limit or not, I cannot tell.  I was able to
enter 10080 minutes (one week) and the program downloaded but whether or not it
would work is another matter. PBPowerDownTime (0xB1) is the LASM command  to
handle the powerdown time.  The documentation mentions no upper limit. You can
access LASM via ROBOLAB and you could create your own .vi icon, and call it
'poweroff' for your youngster.
Mitch Lichtenberg

Entering a value of 0 is the trick to disabling the powerdown.