 Robotics / RCX / 2442
2441  |  2443
Subject:
Some news about ERIKA Educational: master thesis, and a wireless transmission project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 15:32:45 GMT

To whoever may be interested...

Big news!!! ... it is almost time to release a new version of ERIKA Educational
:-)... during these months, we have done the following works:

    * We started a wireless project for ERIKA Educational (currently it is
starting to work fine :-) )

    * Michele Cirinei has just finished his master thesis developing a network
layer for ERIKA Educational, that allows (we hope) a better use of the IR
bandwidth than before...

    * Antonio Mancina is finishing is master thesis too... He is providing a
wireless support for RCX using an AUREL transceiver and a Microchip PIC...
details on his thesis will be released (we hope) by end of June...

    * Riccardo Vestrini has also finished his work, that consisted in the code
generation from Simulink/Embedded coder to produce ERIKA-compatible source code.
He also added support for gcc 3.3, enabling the usage of newlib's floating point
mathematic library. Details will be available soon...

    * a thesis section has been added in the download page...

Finally, the source code for the ERIKA Educational manual has been put under
public CVS!!!

That's all for now,

PJ