 Robotics / 4774
Re: Something else is needed, I think...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 11:05:50 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Laurentino Martins) writes:
I don't know if you guys realize this but if anything like this is ever done
we must definitely remain compatible (at least partially) with Spirit.ocx
protocols.

The Spirit.ocx control is a HUGE bonus we must not throw away!!
It makes possible for a robot to break it's insignificant world and access an
outside world with endless possibilities, and processing power that it will
never be able to match!
We must not repeat the errors of LegOS. Do not ignore all the work that was
already been done for us. And please, do not re-invent the wheel!

I agree in full with you. An ideal new firmware should be fully compatible
with the original one and just EXTEND its possibilities.

Mario