 Robotics / 4773
Re: Something else is needed, I think...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 10:33:12 GMT

At 09:53 03-05-1999 Monday , you wrote:
Ralph and Kekoa might be the most qualified persons to answer the question: is
it possible to write a modified version of the firmware in a way to save most
of the useful parts of it but override some of its limitations?
If yes, the second question would be: WHO is going to do this? :)

I don't know if you guys realize this but if anything like this is ever done we must definitely remain compatible (at least partially) with Spirit.ocx protocols.

The Spirit.ocx control is a HUGE bonus we must not throw away!!
It makes possible for a robot to break it's insignificant world and access an outside world with endless possibilities, and processing power that it will never be able to match!
We must not repeat the errors of LegOS. Do not ignore all the work that was already been done for us. And please, do not re-invent the wheel!

Laurentino Martins

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]