 Robotics / 4798
Re: Something else is needed, I think...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 22:59:44 GMT

John A. Tamplin <jat@liveonthenet.com> wrote:

    3) The bytecode interpreter could contain floating point emulation
(This one's not so important in my opinion because it may prove to be
more difficult than it's worth) .

That's trivial.  Assuming your new interpreter is written using GCC, you
get that for free already.  Even if it isn't, call the FP emulation
libraries yourself when you see a FP bytecode.

Q: How large are the compiled FP emulation routines for the RCX?

-Kekoa