 Robotics / 4771
4770  |  4772
Subject:
LegOS HOWTO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 08:24:50 GMT

Considering the recent discussion on this list, I figure this is as good
a time as any to point out that my LegOS HOWTO is now posted at

http://arthurdent.dorm.duke.edu/legos/HOWTO/HOWTO.html

Please don't be intimidated! I have aimed this page squarely at anyone
with a bare minimum of C or C++ experience, so those of us who are scared
of assembly coding :) can still use LegOS for normal RCX coding. There's
even sample code of mine you can steal! (Well, not much, but...)

Even if you don't plan on using LegOS anytime soon, if you have any C
knowledge, I'd urge you to take a look and tell me what you think. Your
two cents are actually worth something, even if you never look at LegOS
again.

I'm particularly looking for feedback on:

1) organization
2) clarity of presentation- i.e., language and style- should I be
briefer? more detailed? more/less formal?
3) what's lacking- i.e., are there things that you would want to know in
order to get started in LegOS that I haven't included? Anything you would
have wanted to know when you started in RCXs? This is not necessarily
LegOS limited- general pitfalls are welcome too.
4) links- any links you have, particularly dealing with construction,
would be much appreciated.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your feedback- hope this helps some of you
who were considering LegOS decide whether or not it is right for you-
Luis Villa

God was my co-pilot,
  but we crashed in the mountains
       and I had to eat him.