 Robotics / 4806
Re: Something else is needed, I think...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 23:28:49 GMT

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Kekoa Proudfoot wrote:

Encoding is an implementation detail.  Can we talk about features?

That was my point, that it was not a benefit for having an interpreted
"machine language" over using native machine language.  The only benefits
are portability and error checking, and the error checking is problematic
when you get to that low a level.

John A. Tamplin Traveller Information Services
jat@LiveOnTheNet.COM 2104 West Ferry Way
256/705-7007 - FAX 256/705-7100 Huntsville, AL 35801