 Robotics / 4799
RE: Something else is needed, I think...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 23:01:25 GMT

Kekoa wrote:

<actually he wrote stuff here that I snipped out>

In any event, rather than argue whether or not the JVM is the right thing
for the RCX, I instead propose people start tossing out their ideas as to
what might features might be nice to have in a new byte code/machine model.
Then whoever wants to can sift through these ideas and come up with a
more-concrete design for a next-generation system.

Ah, a refreshing viewpoint :-) Getting concrete ideas and proposals
out makes sense. If you don't have the time to propose a CONCRETE idea
or plan, then you sure don't have time to implement one...

Kekoa should know. He proposed and wrote librcx...and disassembled the
ROM...and posted it for us to benefit from..and answers questions...and probably
even gets good grad student evaluations.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/pbFORTH/default.html>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com