 Robotics / 4790
RE: Something else is needed, I think...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 21:42:04 GMT

Joel wrote:

I agree, that would make pbForth much more appealing if the source could be
compiled on a pc  in a nice gui environment and then the bytecode loaded
into the rcx.

Once you get around the idea that the RCX does the compiling which makes it
platform independent, you will see the light...

Not only could someone enhance the gui front end as Mark has suggested, but
someone could also get the specs for your bytecode and easily write an
alternate language compiler.  This would make your system actually a new
firmware replacement that could be language independent.

p.s. I'm going to go ahead and learn Forth and give pbForth a try so that I
will actually know what I'm talking about!

This is a good plan. You have my full support :-)

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/pbFORTH/default.html>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com