Re: Meeting August 26th - Sept 3rd?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:47:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
Good question.  Because it has kind of become tradition I think.  Other than
Brikwars and Train Shows we don't tend to do much on weekends.  I would love
to do a build meeting someday where we just take the NELUG collection and go
at it.  Of course we need a good open location for that.  (Any volunteers or
ideas for a location?)

I'd love to too :) As for where to do it... hm... A Brandeis room costs
moula, sadly... I could investigate rooms at WPI, though-- I still know a
couple people out that way who work there, so I might be able to swing
getting a room for free. It *would* be an hour out for most people, though,
assuming that I could get it. Hmm... I'll try and find out anyway.

Free is best of course but we do have a little cash left in our account.  So if
people don't mind using some of it to pay for a room for a day I guess we could
do that.  Besides I don't think the Brandeis room was more than $35 or $40 the
other time we used it.  So even if we don't use the NELUG money, if there were
enough people we could easily defray the cost to under $5 per person.

Eric J.,  Do you remember how much the room was?

Anyway its a possibility as well.

Eric Kingsley