Re: Train Tables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:38:07 GMT

What do you mean?  We are close to the doors!!! So what if their the fire
exits.  Besides in Wilmington I don't know how close to the doors we would want
to be.  I went out to the Lobby last show and it was crazy and their wasn't a
lot of room for spectators.  We would either end up getting less traffic
because it isn't in the same area as the vendors OR we would totally block the
entrance to the main hall due to our popularity.  Personly it doesn't matter to
me buy the vendors might not like it if none of their customers could get in
due to the traffic jam ;-)

Sorry, i meant the big back doors (huge garage doors) :)  and we're not
like flush up against them or anything, just "nearest to" compaired to
the other layouts.

We get to set up the
previous evening (afternoon too, I think?), and a couple hours the day of
the show in the morning before the doors open. So we've never had to be
speedy :)

Speedy no.  But last show I think we had the tables set up in about an hour.
Most of the time is really spent laying the LEGO out.  Most clubs don't go with
the Baseplate look and that adds to our setup time.  We also have a tendancy to
chit chat and get distracted easily so we need the extra time.

oh, yeah, we see each other far too often to get distracted by one
another :)  What do you mean by "baseplate" look?  (if it's what i think
you mean) we were able to cover all but 30" by 10" with baseplates...
out of 25 tables that are 4 x 4 (not proud, just explaining).