Re: Meeting August 26th - Sept 3rd?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 19:01:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
I was actually a NELUGer first :)  Speaking of meetings, Dan and I will
be up the last week of august/first week of sept (I think from the 25th
to the 3rdish)... any plans for a meeting around then?  We'll be on the
cape, but we'll have a car, etc... i think officially we're busy on the
25th and 31st though (family stuff, etc)...

Given that we usually meet weekday nights (why *is* that anyway?) and
usually Mon-Thurs, I'd nominate the 26th, 30th, 1st, or 2nd for meetings.
How are those by people?

Those days are okay with me too.

And hopefully Dan and Jenn will be lodging in my plush & fabulous, custom Laura
Ashley wallpapered, color coordinated, flower scented, candy-on-pillow'd,
embroidered-toilet-paper'd, puffy lace pillowed "guest suite."[1] So, they can
get good and hammered!.. uh! I mean, so they can recover from that stress of
driving. yeah, that's it.

I think I'm free for all of them... Or of course we
COULD break our norm and do a weekend meeting (heresy!)

I agree with Jenn that Cape traffic bites.

and i've been told that you guys have just the BEST meetings ;)

Guys: I have to warn you.. Remember when you asked me to bring females along to
our meetings.. to attempt to ballance out the 30-to-1 gender ratio?

Well, heh heh heh.. Jenn here comes fully qualified and pre-approved. That's
right, this gal's the spittin' likes o' me. (Read: you're in trouble. (yes, this
means you, shaun))

:-D

Usually our meetings are a little above the scale of Brickfest. We get about
8-10 rooms in Brandeis university (being close to TCS), anywhere from 4-12
K8's, Lego sponsorship, prizes, and about 100-200 members in attendance.
Then we all head out to TCS who give us free Lego for being nice guys.

LOL. yup, that's how I remember 'em.

Did we mention NELUG rocks?

-Suz

[1] ok.. so it's just an empty room with some LEGO pirate ships on a shelf. we
can dream.