Subject:
Congrats, Dave! (was: Re: Meeting July 31 or August 1?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:13:52 GMT

David Eaton wrote:
[...] you'll
be pleased to know that every MOC that NELUG members brought took 1st or 2nd
place in the MOC contests. Of course there were only 2 MOCs of ours there,[..]
DaveE

Darn, I was going to announce this on your behalf, but I was too slow..

Here goes anyway:

NELUGer, Dave Eaton took home the SECOND PLACE: **Best Train Model,**
for his Green Line trolley, as voted by BrickFest attendees! (Of course
my stuffing the box for him may have made a difference.. (did I say
that?)) But seriously, the competition in that area was fierce! There
were a huge number of fantastic train creations that Dave was up
against. In walking around the train room, his cars were outside the
main layout, against a wall. But there they shone. There was nothing
else like it at the fest. (no, Dave isn't paying me to say this). At the
awards ceremony, I think I may have hurt my voice in screaming so
loudly, esp as I had to do it again for...

Dave's FIRST PLACE: **Best Space Model,** for his AT-AT, as voted by
BrickFest attendees! I don't think I need tell you what the competition
was like in the Space room.. Even better, as this was announced, it was
brought to our attention that his model won "by a landslide!"  woo-hoo!

Dave's recognition was well deserved! I'm thankful for his taking time
and care to bring those models. He even drove them down to the event. I
have to tell you, when I saw his AT-AT standing on its own, without
supervision, where anyone could have bumped, broken, or stolen it, I was
truly impressed by the bravery exercised. It says something for
BrickFest too, that there was no bad incident.

I hope more of us bring MOCs next year so we can really clean house. :-)

Oh, one more thing:
Proof of our nifty new NELUG attire being proudly sported at BrickFest 2001:

Me and Ed Boxer:
http://www.geocities.com/dstaudt/BrickFest/Saturday/People_G-Susan.jpg

Dave and Jorge:
http://www.geocities.com/dstaudt/BrickFest/Saturday/People_R-Adrian.jpg

WAMALUGer, Jennifer Boger, at far left, is wearing hers (trust me):
http://www.geocities.com/dstaudt/BrickFest/Friday/Registeration.jpg

I'm happy that those were available for us and, IMHO, ours were the most
professional looking Ts there. ;-)

Oh, another last thing:
Eric K was missed by many I spoke to.

Ok, I'm done cheer leading.