Re: Meeting August 26th - Sept 3rd?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:00:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
Good question.  Because it has kind of become tradition I think.  Other than
Brikwars and Train Shows we don't tend to do much on weekends.  I would love to
do a build meeting someday where we just take the NELUG collection and go at
it.  Of course we need a good open location for that.  (Any volunteers or ideas
for a location?)

I'd like to put my vote in for a weekend meeting.

By the time I tear myself away from work during the week it's far too late for
doing anything but watch reruns of Junkyard Wars and Iron Chef. Actually,
considering the drive, I think I'd have to skip-out of work at lunch just to
make it to a meeting on time in the first place.

However, I'd like to enjoin in the group's activities and my curiosity is peaked
about the home show proposal. Maybe a special weekend meeting just for this
project could take place. I know Suzanne mentioned having a screening for "The
Big Dig" video she has. What are people's thoughts concerning this?

Weekends are better for me generally, though I have to say that Aug. 25 is
out... as it happens to be Toy Fest in East Aurora, NY
(www.toytownusa.com/toyfest/). 100,000 toy collectors will descend on the tiny
village and 20,000 toys will exchange hands. It is also probably the only time
one gets see 20-foot long Fisher Price pull-toys tootling down the street
(www.eanycc.com/images/eastaurora.jpg). East Aurora is home to FP, BTW,
and if you're into their stuff, amazing discounts can be had at their
headquarters-based store during the fest.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

Jim Green