Re: Congrats, Dave! (was: Re: Meeting July 31 or August 1?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:07:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

Congrats Nothing.  He was supposed to finish first in every catagory.  Slacker
;-)

Really congrats Dave.

NELUGer, Dave Eaton took home the SECOND PLACE: **Best Train Model,**
for his Green Line trolley, as voted by BrickFest attendees!

This is only supprising because I don't consider Dave a Train Head, so for a
non-train head to win a train award is pretty darn good.  Train Heads can be
fierce when it comes to detail which just shows how good Dave's Green line is.

Dave's FIRST PLACE: **Best Space Model,** for his AT-AT, as voted by
BrickFest attendees! I don't think I need tell you what the competition
was like in the Space room.. Even better, as this was announced, it was
brought to our attention that his model won "by a landslide!"  woo-hoo!

Well if I knew he was bringing it to the fest and I were a betting man I would
have bet on this one.  The AT-AT is increadible and one of the best LEGO MOC's
I have seen to date.  I am sure competition was fierce here too but hey when
your good your good and when your Dave your Increadibly good.

Dave's recognition was well deserved! I'm thankful for his taking time
and care to bring those models. He even drove them down to the event. I
have to tell you, when I saw his AT-AT standing on its own, without
supervision, where anyone could have bumped, broken, or stolen it, I was
truly impressed by the bravery exercised. It says something for
BrickFest too, that there was no bad incident.

Hey he is 2 for 2 now.  I still can't believe neither Dave or Shaun's AT-ATs
fell during Mindfest.

I hope more of us bring MOCs next year so we can really clean house. :-)

Wait... Dave didn't win a Castle award... Man now I am disappointed.

Anyway we will have to see how my calander falls and what my Wife thinks about
going next year.  I would like to go but when you have family etc. to consider
it can be tough if they arn't into LEGO... Yet... I am sure once I can
introduce Zack to LEGO I will be able to take the family down.

Oh, one more thing:
Proof of our nifty new NELUG attire being proudly sported at BrickFest 2001:

Me and Ed Boxer:
http://www.geocities.com/dstaudt/BrickFest/Saturday/People_G-Susan.jpg

Dave and Jorge:
http://www.geocities.com/dstaudt/BrickFest/Saturday/People_R-Adrian.jpg

WAMALUGer, Jennifer Boger, at far left, is wearing hers (trust me):
http://www.geocities.com/dstaudt/BrickFest/Friday/Registeration.jpg

I'm happy that those were available for us and, IMHO, ours were the most
professional looking Ts there. ;-)

Cool, Actually its funny I actually happend to see Dave and Jorge on the Web
Cam at one point (amazing seeing I one looked a couple of times)

Oh, another last thing:
Eric K was missed by many I spoke to.

Ugh! Ummm... Ahhh... Geeesh...  Anyway I am sure most of us that didn't go were
missed.  Hey maybe someday we could charter a bus and go down as a group.

Ok, I'm done cheer leading.

Rah Rah!!!

Eric Kingsley