Re: Train Tables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:29:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
Actually I have thought of about most of these redesigns.  Many of them the
main differance in my mind is Cost.  I think our tables everything included
run us under $15 per table.  I think the folding legs cost about $16 per
pair, or $32 per table... Ouch!!!

Ah yes.. I knew I must've been forgetting something :)
Well perhaps just thoughts for later then... when/if we have money and
when/if we feel the desire...

Actually, they said one of the reasons they were the way they were was
because often they were under strict time constraints-- I forget how long
they said, but it was something like 1 hour or less to get the whole display
set up (depending on the show, I'd assume), or at least presentable.
Greenburg is pretty nice insofar as we get like 6 hours to set up... or more
depending on how early you get there each day... So it hasn't really been a
necessity for us...

4.  I guess the SUV thing could become an issue but I am starting to think >that I don't know if we even want to expand the layout more then one more
time.  I don't know what others think but I would rather we really work at
building up our current layout.

Agreed-- While it'd be cool to have a 20-table layout like some of the
larger train groups, I don't think we quite have the ability to really fill
one at present. I'd rather see cooler buildings filling the space we have :)

DaveE