Subject:
Meeting August 26th - Sept 3rd?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:12:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
I was actually a NELUGer first :)  Speaking of meetings, Dan and I will
be up the last week of august/first week of sept (I think from the 25th
to the 3rdish)... any plans for a meeting around then?  We'll be on the
cape, but we'll have a car, etc... i think officially we're busy on the
25th and 31st though (family stuff, etc)...

Given that we usually meet weekday nights (why *is* that anyway?) and
usually Mon-Thurs, I'd nominate the 26th, 30th, 1st, or 2nd for meetings.
How are those by people? I think I'm free for all of them... Or of course we
COULD break our norm and do a weekend meeting (heresy!)

and i've been told that you guys have just the BEST meetings ;)

Usually our meetings are a little above the scale of Brickfest. We get about
8-10 rooms in Brandeis university (being close to TCS), anywhere from 4-12
K8's, Lego sponsorship, prizes, and about 100-200 members in attendance.
Then we all head out to TCS who give us free Lego for being nice guys. Or
were those just the meetings in my head? Hmm... come to think of it, I don't
remember the Smurfs being NELUG members. So strike that. I guess we just get
the "big" room at a local restaurant, bring a few MOCs, and talk Lego for
several hours over food and drinks. Darn reality.

DaveE